Wakesurf Boards for Sale
It is currently Sun Dec 16, 2018 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours





Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm
Posts: 15
power wedge keeps getting stuck between wedge stowed and setting 6 . i try to re calibrate wedge and nothing happens ..also disconnected battery still stuck... malibu has the fuse box under dash...i found both of those boxes and the wedge fuse and reset is not housed there ..the dealer said to tap on a relay in the stern ..that did nothing....any help would br appreciated ..it under warranty but i want to ride not have the boat at the shop across the state


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:36 am 
Offline
Team Axis
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:10 pm
Posts: 450
Location: San Tan Valley, Arizona
Fx4x4 wrote:
power wedge keeps getting stuck between wedge stowed and setting 6 . i try to re calibrate wedge and nothing happens ..also disconnected battery still stuck... malibu has the fuse box under dash...i found both of those boxes and the wedge fuse and reset is not housed there ..the dealer said to tap on a relay in the stern ..that did nothing....any help would br appreciated ..it under warranty but i want to ride not have the boat at the shop across the state
Might be a silly question but when are you trying to stow it? There is a safety feature where it won't let the wedge stow unless you are out of neutral and going about 2-3 mph.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

_________________
2003 Sanger V210....SOLD
2005 MC X2....SOLD
2006 MC XSTAR....SOLD
2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm
Posts: 15
Yes we are in the the drive position ..we even tried faking out the system with the remote and the go home ....replacing the solenoid pack tomorrow will let you know


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm
Posts: 15
So I replaced the relay pack which is usually the issue ... but no it turns out it was the sensor inside the wedge motor ..... so tired of this lemon boat now we have another issue but I’m going to make a new surf gate error post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:15 am 
Offline
Team Axis
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:19 am
Posts: 440
Location: Mt. Washington, KY
Why are you working on it and not the dealer? That's the perk of a new boat is a warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

_________________
2014 A24


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:00 am
Posts: 1060
It sometimes takes a few trips to shake out the bugs in a new boat. Not sure if I would tag the boat as a lemon. I agree with dustin and get the dealer involved with getting these problems fixed. sometimes dealers will get these things straight on the lake/demo test of the new boat. Explain to the dealer and see if they would do a lake service for the gate problem.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:24 am 
Offline
Team Axis

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 am
Posts: 163
admin wrote:
It sometimes takes a few trips to shake out the bugs in a new boat. Not sure if I would tag the boat as a lemon. I agree with dustin and get the dealer involved with getting these problems fixed. sometimes dealers will get these things straight on the lake/demo test of the new boat. Explain to the dealer and see if they would do a lake service for the gate problem.


^this^

Not putting your issues down, but those are nothing compared to actual "lemon" boats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:45 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:28 pm
Posts: 15
A22owner wrote:
admin wrote:
It sometimes takes a few trips to shake out the bugs in a new boat. Not sure if I would tag the boat as a lemon. I agree with dustin and get the dealer involved with getting these problems fixed. sometimes dealers will get these things straight on the lake/demo test of the new boat. Explain to the dealer and see if they would do a lake service for the gate problem.


^this^

Not putting your issues down, but those are nothing compared to actual "lemon" boats.



Ok so from the beginning . the boat has electrical issues even upon delivery ...4 trips to get it going on delivery including taking back to dealer ... ..i have had the boat since January ..the kinks should have been worked out by now but they keep coming and coming, i have to check my notes but i think is like the 10th electrical issue. I don't have unrealistic expectations . I should be able to use the boat every day for a week without an issue... but as it stands this was an actual conversation i had my wife " she; lets go surfing tonight! me; no lets wait till the weekend in case the boat breaks again.. then we can at least get some time in this weekend"

lets do math boat has 140 hours if we divide that by issues it comes out to about 1 every 14 hours or one new issue every weekend.


Im just really over this lemon which is at the dealer being worked on yet again . I bought this boat new for years of trouble free use, but it turning more into a year of issues. All i see is everyone out having fun on the lake and my kids are standing on the dock watching ...while i make payments for a brand new boat we cant use. THIS IS THE 4th weekend in a row..

FYI axis still has not responded to my email asking for help


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:04 am 
Offline
Team Axis

Joined: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:25 am
Posts: 163
Sounds to me like the dealer needs to learn how to diagnose and actually repair stuff.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:40 pm 
Offline
Team Axis

Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 7:44 am
Posts: 142
A22owner wrote:
Sounds to me like the dealer needs to learn how to diagnose and actually repair stuff.


Ok , but who’s job to educate them, Malibu or the customer

1st it’s your not letting them fix it, then it’s their unqualified, no the truth is OP is getting screwed by a big corporation not returning his calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s paying his note, he stepped up, time for Malibu to step up and do their job. How would you feel if it’s your kids and wife being disappointed while a dedicated section of the families budget is being wasted !!

_________________
14 A20, 850 rears with kinetic vents, front 950, stock plus wedge and 700 lead
P5 53” Ahi, Brigade 4’10” goofy asym, LF Happy pill 4’8”, LF Catalyst Nomad skate, HL wakeboard with old Murry boots


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 15 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: