It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:00 am 

power wedge keeps getting stuck between wedge stowed and setting 6 . i try to re calibrate wedge and nothing happens ..also disconnected battery still stuck... malibu has the fuse box under dash...i found both of those boxes and the wedge fuse and reset is not housed there ..the dealer said to tap on a relay in the stern ..that did nothing....any help would br appreciated ..it under warranty but i want to ride not have the boat at the shop across the state

Post subject: Re: 2018 t22 power wedge
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:36 am 
Team Axis

Fx4x4 wrote:
power wedge keeps getting stuck between wedge stowed and setting 6 . i try to re calibrate wedge and nothing happens ..also disconnected battery still stuck... malibu has the fuse box under dash...i found both of those boxes and the wedge fuse and reset is not housed there ..the dealer said to tap on a relay in the stern ..that did nothing....any help would br appreciated ..it under warranty but i want to ride not have the boat at the shop across the state
Might be a silly question but when are you trying to stow it? There is a safety feature where it won't let the wedge stow unless you are out of neutral and going about 2-3 mph.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:33 pm 

Yes we are in the the drive position ..we even tried faking out the system with the remote and the go home ....replacing the solenoid pack tomorrow will let you know

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:43 pm 

So I replaced the relay pack which is usually the issue ... but no it turns out it was the sensor inside the wedge motor ..... so tired of this lemon boat now we have another issue but I’m going to make a new surf gate error post

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:15 am 
Team Axis

Why are you working on it and not the dealer? That's the perk of a new boat is a warranty.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:03 pm 
Site Admin

It sometimes takes a few trips to shake out the bugs in a new boat. Not sure if I would tag the boat as a lemon. I agree with dustin and get the dealer involved with getting these problems fixed. sometimes dealers will get these things straight on the lake/demo test of the new boat. Explain to the dealer and see if they would do a lake service for the gate problem.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:24 am 
Team Axis

admin wrote:
It sometimes takes a few trips to shake out the bugs in a new boat. Not sure if I would tag the boat as a lemon. I agree with dustin and get the dealer involved with getting these problems fixed. sometimes dealers will get these things straight on the lake/demo test of the new boat. Explain to the dealer and see if they would do a lake service for the gate problem.

^this^

Not putting your issues down, but those are nothing compared to actual "lemon" boats.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:45 am 

A22owner wrote:
admin wrote:

^this^

Not putting your issues down, but those are nothing compared to actual "lemon" boats.

Ok so from the beginning . the boat has electrical issues even upon delivery ...4 trips to get it going on delivery including taking back to dealer ... ..i have had the boat since January ..the kinks should have been worked out by now but they keep coming and coming, i have to check my notes but i think is like the 10th electrical issue. I don't have unrealistic expectations . I should be able to use the boat every day for a week without an issue... but as it stands this was an actual conversation i had my wife " she; lets go surfing tonight! me; no lets wait till the weekend in case the boat breaks again.. then we can at least get some time in this weekend"

lets do math boat has 140 hours if we divide that by issues it comes out to about 1 every 14 hours or one new issue every weekend.

Im just really over this lemon which is at the dealer being worked on yet again . I bought this boat new for years of trouble free use, but it turning more into a year of issues. All i see is everyone out having fun on the lake and my kids are standing on the dock watching ...while i make payments for a brand new boat we cant use. THIS IS THE 4th weekend in a row..

FYI axis still has not responded to my email asking for help

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:04 am 
Team Axis

Sounds to me like the dealer needs to learn how to diagnose and actually repair stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:40 pm 
Team Axis

A22owner wrote:
Sounds to me like the dealer needs to learn how to diagnose and actually repair stuff.

Ok , but who’s job to educate them, Malibu or the customer

1st it’s your not letting them fix it, then it’s their unqualified, no the truth is OP is getting screwed by a big corporation not returning his calls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He’s paying his note, he stepped up, time for Malibu to step up and do their job. How would you feel if it’s your kids and wife being disappointed while a dedicated section of the families budget is being wasted !!