It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Did I purchase the correct spark plugs?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:32 am 

I have a 2013 axis a 22 . I was reading the owners manual and it specified two different spark plugs, one of which was the MR43LTS. That is the one I purchased and I'm getting ready to replace all eight. I read on line that some suggested that that is only for the non-catalyze engines. I have the monsoon 330. I noticed also that there are gap specifications in the instructions. Will the MR43 LTS work as is or do I need to buy different spark plugs? I have no idea what the standard gap is from the factory. Thank you for any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Did I purchase the correct spark plugs?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:36 am 

slickrock22 wrote:
I have a 2013 axis a 22 . I was reading the owners manual and it specified two different spark plugs, one of which was the MR43LTS. That is the one I purchased and I'm getting ready to replace all eight. I read on line that some suggested that that is only for the non-catalyze engines. I have the monsoon 330. I noticed also that there are gap specifications in the instructions. Will the MR43 LTS work as is or do I need to buy different spark plugs? I have no idea what the standard gap is from the factory. Thank you for any insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just spoke to Indmar and they stated that I need to use the 41-101. Sure would've been nice if axis would've got the specs correct in the manual

Post subject: Re: Did I purchase the correct spark plugs?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:07 am 

I just replaced my spark plugs on my 330 monsoon. 41-101 from any auto parts store will work. mine were 5$ each after rebate. Check the cross reference and see if yours match 41-101. I recommend you buy the 41-101's and take both to your boat, then see if they match physically once you start removing the old ones. It wouldn't be fun to punch a hold through your piston just because the spark plug length was off.

These plugs DO NOT come pre-gapped like more modern spark plugs. i had to bend all mine in to the gap specified in the Indmar manual (.40'). the carbureted ones are gapped to .30'.