It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: replace upgrade sumo sac on 2014 t22 with plug and play
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:25 am 
Team Axis

I have sumo fat sac 750 on each side of rear.. one is busted want to go with an 850 or 900 lb bag.. any idea if i need to by sumo or will other bags work with plug and play set up.

the 1100 i think would be to much weight?

Post subject: Re: replace upgrade sumo sac on 2014 t22 with plug and play
PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:48 pm 
Team Axis

sumo 900s are basically same weight as fly high 1100s.

Personally, I'd go with sumo 600s vs 900s. 900 is too much weight in the rear of the 22.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:24 pm 
Team Axis

They also have these now....sumo max 650 bags, which are last year's 600s but they realized they held more than 600lbs. 40x20x20
https://www.wakemakers.com/straight-lin ... AvR-8P8HAQ

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:31 am 
Team Axis

Good advice here. My A22 takes extra nose weight when I feel my 900s full. It swamps the gate. 600s would be perfect if you don't want to add bow weight beyond PNP.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:54 am 

shawndoggy wrote:

Personally, I'd go with sumo 600s vs 900s. 900 is too much weight in the rear of the 22.

I run stock tanks filled, with 750s in the back 650 in the front bow filled (which only fills to 450-500lbs) and with 300-400lbs of people in the bow. I also fill a 750 under the surfside seat (maybe fills to 600-650) With 2-3 others in the back of the boat, surfgate deployed/wedge down (this is my max setup). Big wake, A lot of push. But the wake is "rolly" and not "lippy"

If I have no one sitting in the front, 2-3 people in the back my boat doesnt plane out (obviously) and the wave is still "rolly" and not "lippy" with very little push... I dont get why my boat has a rolly wake and no lip to it. The only way I can get a lip to the wake is if I turn the boat in the opposite direction the wake is on. Example if someone is surfing on the right side, if I turn to the left, I get a great lip, huge wake, which ideally I want every time the boat is going straight, but I cant get it...

I dont know if anything less than 750 is good for these boats, and if I'm wrong I want to know why my wake is so rolly from the swim platform to about 5ft back then you can start to see the wake lip forming. Then in the back the wake does curl. Doing airs on this wake sucks, doing spins would be fine. But I hate how the wake looks/feels. Any help on why it looks like this? I uploaded a pic of what (I cutout the surfer on the left so thats why its a little washy, but hopefully you guys see the "rolly" part of the wake im talking about).

Attachments:
recrop.jpg
recrop.jpg [ 135.78 KiB | Viewed 29383 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:25 pm 
Team Axis

coalburnz wrote:
shawndoggy wrote:

I run stock tanks filled, with 750s in the back 650 in the front bow filled (which only fills to 450-500lbs) and with 300-400lbs of people in the bow. I also fill a 750 under the surfside seat (maybe fills to 600-650) With 2-3 others in the back of the boat, surfgate deployed/wedge down (this is my max setup). Big wake, A lot of push. But the wake is "rolly" and not "lippy"

If I have no one sitting in the front, 2-3 people in the back my boat doesnt plane out (obviously) and the wave is still "rolly" and not "lippy" with very little push... I dont get why my boat has a rolly wake and no lip to it. The only way I can get a lip to the wake is if I turn the boat in the opposite direction the wake is on. Example if someone is surfing on the right side, if I turn to the left, I get a great lip, huge wake, which ideally I want every time the boat is going straight, but I cant get it...

I dont know if anything less than 750 is good for these boats, and if I'm wrong I want to know why my wake is so rolly from the swim platform to about 5ft back then you can start to see the wake lip forming. Then in the back the wake does curl. Doing airs on this wake sucks, doing spins would be fine. But I hate how the wake looks/feels. Any help on why it looks like this? I uploaded a pic of what (I cutout the surfer on the left so thats why its a little washy, but hopefully you guys see the "rolly" part of the wake im talking about).

1st, welcome to the forum.
2nd, if you were to post this in the discussion section, you'd get more responses and visibility.
3rd, Welcome to a surf gate wave! It's what it is on these boats. You need to work on adding length and size to your wave to get your pocket further back to then be able to surf on the firmer lip section.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:44 am 

Boostedsled wrote:
coalburnz wrote:
shawndoggy wrote:

1st, welcome to the forum.
2nd, if you were to post this in the discussion section, you'd get more responses and visibility.
3rd, Welcome to a surf gate wave! It's what it is on these boats. You need to work on adding length and size to your wave to get your pocket further back to then be able to surf on the firmer lip section.

Adding more weight? How much more weight? And where? Just ordered a new prop and 500lb of lead for the nose. A lot of people in forums are running less weight than i am and their wakes are way more lippy. This pic isnt my max size wake i can get. But i wanted to show what the wake constantly looks like from the swim platform to 5ft back. Its always the same no matter how much more weight (people) i seem to add its always rolly in this spot.