It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fine tuning regular surf side 15 A22 for more lip
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:12 pm 

Ok. I hope there aren't a crapload of posts I didn't find that will answer this... I have a 15 A22. Have PNP with 750s in the rear. For surfing I fill everything and put the wedge down. I usually just have my wife and 2 daughters in the boat and run 11 mph. Really it is very good as is, but why not refine? So question is, how to get more lip on the regular side and maybe a bit more steepness. It currently rolls over on the lip and is slightly washy. Oddly it gets steeper and more lip when turning right. I have heard some say you can get the gates too deep in the water, although I don't know what too deep is? The whole gate is definitely below the water line and not much spray, but I can still see the actuator.

Anyway. Anybody have any tips? List a little, dump some of rear weight...?

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Fine tuning regular surf side 15 A22 for more lip
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2017 6:51 pm 
Team Axis

Do you have a bow bag? And play with speed anywhere from 10.4 to 11.5 works for us depending on conditions and how much weight/passengers etc.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 5:49 am 

I have the PNP bow bag under the seats. No bags on the seat or floor. Is that what you mean? I will mess around with speeds. I have run it anywhere from 10.6 up to 12+ but not with any science. It has a lot of push. Just not much lip. Jealous of my goofy footed wife. She didn't pull this one out but she did from a similar spot later. Would like some of this lip on the regular side.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:12 am 
Team Axis

You need to put some additional weight in the nose. I run an extra 200lb of lead bags in the nose and just this year brought in a 450lb bag to run in the front walkway = made a HUGE difference in my wave. With the cockpit of the A boats sitting further back it takes more nose weight to get the boat to "pivot" to toward the front and not "Wheelie" through the water.

I run the rear bag in the opposite side of my wave around 3/4 full and the wave side full with the intention of getting the surfgate just a little higher up. Seems to have helped mine a little and my wave height does not suffer.

Lastly Just yesterday I was playing around with my speeds and surprisingly had a ton of luck up at 11.8mph. Obviously every boat will have its quirks and be a bit different from another but this is what works best for my regular wave.

1978 Bandit Trans-Am

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 3:22 pm 

Thanks man. I have heard many running more weight in the front of a A22. I will try it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:43 pm 
Team Axis

In my a24 on reg side we run fast.. like 12.8 fast.. makes a huge difference. On goofy we are sub 12. I don't get much lip until about 8ft back?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk