It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New 2017 Axis A20 Order
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 7:33 am 

Hi all,
Great forum! I've been looking for a while but I've only just joined. I'm in Australia and have just ordered a new 2017 A20. Such a great experience to order a new boat and build it exactly how I want it in the colours that we like. I chose the A20 as I want to do everything with this boat, interested in getting into surfing with my wife and kids, plus I like slalom and obviously wakeboarding too. I understand the slalom wake won't be great but we're lucky enough to share a Malibu Sunsetter LXi with my brothers and we'll be keeping that.
Delivery will be in August. We have the boat show coming up next month and my dealer will have an A20 there so I'm looking forward to having a closer look at one while I wait for mine to be built. I have driven an A20 but not since last July. I'll visit the factory at the later stage of production and watch my boat go through as it is having the finishing touches.
Here are the options I ordered. In Australia Axis are still using the 330hp engine, I upgraded to the 350hp engine.
*tricked out gel coat - black base & yellow accent
*surfgate with surf band
*wedge
*flip up drivers seat
*pull out cleats
*rear ski pole
*snap out carpet
*surf bimini
*heater
*subwoofer, amp & extra speakers
*swing in board racks
*plug and play ballast including bow
*depth finder
*tow cover
*paint over gal trailer
*15 inch trailer alloy wheels
*swing away trailer drawer bar
*trailer spare wheel
August is the last week of winter so I'll get the 10 hour break-in done before Spring. Looking forward to a big summer. I'll have plenty of questions for everyone here.
Thanks for reading!
Cheers.
Kane

Post subject: Re: New 2017 Axis A20 Order
PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:11 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 10:14 am 

PostPosted: Mon May 15, 2017 12:52 pm 
Team Axis

AussieKA20 wrote:

Congrats. I ordered pretty munch the same options as you as well but in an A22. We switched at the last minute from the A20 to the A22 for the size. I came into axis from a 2000 LXI as well. If you slalom you will def want to be behind the direct drive but the wakeboard wake is 10 times the sunsetter. The factory tour was cool to see your boat being made as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 6:03 am 

JohnnyK wrote:
AussieKA20 wrote:

Congrats. I ordered pretty munch the same options as you as well but in an A22. We switched at the last minute from the A20 to the A22 for the size. I came into axis from a 2000 LXI as well. If you slalom you will def want to be behind the direct drive but the wakeboard wake is 10 times the sunsetter. The factory tour was cool to see your boat being made as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Johnny. Your boat looks sweet mate, nice pics! Exact colours to what I chose so good to see an actual pic of one rather than the computer images. Thanks for posting.

I started on the T22 but dropped back to the A20 for a few reasons - price, slalom capability & the A20 is the only Axis under 2500mm wide which makes it under the legal width for our roads. Anything over 2500mm requires flags and oversize signs, also no towing these after sunset and before sunrise.
I'm lucky to be keeping the Sunsetter for slalom. Looking forward to the wakeboard & surf wake, good to know it will be a big improvement on the Sunsetter.

August can't come soon enough! The heater will get tested out right from the start, I'll have to get a new wetsuit too.

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 6:46 am 
Team Axis

Change out to Tatami matt instead of carpet and if I had my druthers I would do without the snaps cause if you don't use the carpet stepping on those snaps hurt. I like my carpet and feels great on the feetbut you must dry it out each time or it will seriously degrade on the backing, and lord help you if you spill a beer in any quantity and don't clean/rinse it immediately, the backing is like a diaper and soaks in water and if you leave it down it will mildew (that's what my dealer did when he washed my boat for me on delivery and put the carpet down on a wet boat and it was starting to degrade and mildew immediately) and accelerate the break down, I have not seen the tatami so try to see a sample

And if you really rip in slalom you will not like the wake, my old ski Whacks that wave and launches and it hurts to land, though my wife has a great back and forth rhythm loves it. Make sure you close all four of your ball valves to avoid passive filling to minimize the wake.

See if you can get an additional pnp outlet for a sac on top of cushions cause you'll need it especially if you put 850's in rear that you should for surfing, even if you are sllwwyd going to have a big crew to supplement smaller rears, you'll still need the extra nose weight to lengthen the wave

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:59 am 

granddaddy55 wrote:
Change out to Tatami matt instead of carpet and if I had my druthers I would do without the snaps cause if you don't use the carpet stepping on those snaps hurt. I like my carpet and feels great on the feetbut you must dry it out each time or it will seriously degrade on the backing, and lord help you if you spill a beer in any quantity and don't clean/rinse it immediately, the backing is like a diaper and soaks in water and if you leave it down it will mildew (that's what my dealer did when he washed my boat for me on delivery and put the carpet down on a wet boat and it was starting to degrade and mildew immediately) and accelerate the break down, I have not seen the tatami so try to see a sample

And if you really rip in slalom you will not like the wake, my old ski Whacks that wave and launches and it hurts to land, though my wife has a great back and forth rhythm loves it. Make sure you close all four of your ball valves to avoid passive filling to minimize the wake.

See if you can get an additional pnp outlet for a sac on top of cushions cause you'll need it especially if you put 850's in rear that you should for surfing, even if you are sllwwyd going to have a big crew to supplement smaller rears, you'll still need the extra nose weight to lengthen the wave

Thanks buddy, I'll stick with the snap out carpet and make sure I keep it dry. If I don't like it I'll fit Sea-Deck later on. Not too fussed about slalom, I'll get the Sunsetter out when I want a decent slalom set. Been itching for more wake than what I've had and keen to get in to surfing.

Thinking of fitting 2 x Wetsounds REV 8s to the tower, the rest of the stereo is factory which includes the sub woofer, amp and extra speakers in the cabin.

Post subject: New 2017 Axis A20 Order
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:03 am 

Was lucky enough to visit the factory a couple of weeks back to see my boat in the final stages of production. At the dealer now waiting on plug and play ballast and 2 x REV10s and an extra amp. It's the middle of winter here now and pretty cold but I'll get the break in done before spring. ImageImageImageImage