It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Mission Surf Gate For Sale - 2013 Axis A22 - SOLD-
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 5:00 pm 
Boater

I bought the Mission surf panels last year and they worked great. So much so that my girlfriend and group of friends really got into surfing. So I decided to drop the hammer on a permanent solution.

They are in like new condition and will fit a 2013 Axis A22. I think they also fit other Axis years but you have to unscrew the gate and re position a little.

$500 for both (they're $648 new)I will box and ship, buyer covers shipping, I'll pay for packaging.

Last edited by racer3822 on Sat May 07, 2016 11:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Mission Surf Gate For Sale - 2013 Axis A22
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:33 pm 

I have been thinking about this for my 12 A22. Can you tell me how you ran the ballast and any extra weight. Also what sped worked best. I have been struggling to say the least to get a predictable surf wake.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 7:46 pm 
Team Axis

waterworkscarwas wrote:
I have been thinking about this for my 12 A22. Can you tell me how you ran the ballast and any extra weight. Also what sped worked best. I have been struggling to say the least to get a predictable surf wake.

I have same boat and had trouble before I made my own surfgate. Full stock tanks arrow bow bag full and full 750's in the rear. When it's just my wife and I we have a 400 bag on the surf side seat.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:57 pm 

vanamp wrote:
waterworkscarwas wrote:

I have same boat and had trouble before I made my own surfgate. Full stock tanks arrow bow bag full and full 750's in the rear. When it's just my wife and I we have a 400 bag on the surf side seat.

Thanks. Should I wait for the new version from mission or give this original style a chance ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:02 am 
Boater

I'm 260 lbs and with only 2 people in the boat I would run all hard tanks full, NO wedge, (2) 900 sacks in the rear, 800 waterbed, 950 arrow, 600 playpen. I would still put more weight on the the surf side of the boat to clean up the wave. I would move the 1 person to the surf side and drain a little bit of ballast from the rear on the opposite side.

With my girlfriend surfing I could get away with less ballast. She would sometimes ride with the wedge as she's goofy and surfs the starboard side.

10.8 on the speedo was the best speed.

I found even with the surfgate or the setup I have now the boat likes to be slightly listed to clean up the wave. Obviously without a gate or tab you would need to lean the boat ALOT more.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 12:07 am 
Boater

waterworkscarwas wrote:
vanamp wrote:
waterworkscarwas wrote:

Thanks. Should I wait for the new version from mission or give this original style a chance ?

The only new one from Mission was a universal type setup I thought they were going to release. I know the Axis ones work great and don't hurt the gel coat at all. I was very happy with mine.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 9:22 am 

Sent you a pm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 5:27 pm 
Boater

Sold