It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Under seat compartment drain ports
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:40 am 

Hi all. We've been having a problem with pooling water in the port side under-seat storage compartment ever since we bought our 2015 T23. We store our skis under the seat and as the water drips off of the skis, it collects in the bottom of the compartment. I always assumed it would drain via the white drain ports, but it never does. Assuming they were clogged, I went in to clean them out and discovered that they seem to be 'fake' in that the white fittings are there, but they don't have holes. It's almost as if they installed them but someone forgot to drill/punch out the actual holes to the bilge. I checked the other compartments and found only one with what appears to be a hold to the bilge. Haven't seen it in action since it's the one by the cooler, which is elevated and never gets any water.

1. Has anyone else seen this in their boats?
2. Can I just drill out the hole so the water drains? Will these spaces drain to the rear bilge pump?

thanks for any advice.

Edit: Sorry the pics are rotated. can't figure out how to rotate them correctly.

Attachments:
IMG_0403 a.jpg
IMG_0403 a.jpg [ 54.7 KiB | Viewed 17489 times ]
IMG_0401 a.jpg
IMG_0401 a.jpg [ 100.38 KiB | Viewed 17489 times ]

Post subject: Re: Under seat compartment drain ports
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:44 am 

My starboard drain directly behind the drivers seat is the same way. I am wanting to just drill mine out, but worried that I will drill through something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:20 am 

I have a 2017 Axis A22 and I notice the same issue as you described.
I didn't drill into them and assumed the issue was related to my bilge.
I leave my boat on a mooring at the lake house all summer and notice when I uncover it on weekends, there is water that builds up. It's not a lot of water, but definitely annoying and doesn't seem to drain.

Looking at the 2nd picture it looks like you drilled into that plastic piece. Is that a correct observation?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2018 12:32 pm 
Team Axis

WakeMaine207 wrote:
I have a 2017 Axis A22 and I notice the same issue as you described.
I didn't drill into them and assumed the issue was related to my bilge.
I leave my boat on a mooring at the lake house all summer and notice when I uncover it on weekends, there is water that builds up. It's not a lot of water, but definitely annoying and doesn't seem to drain.

Looking at the 2nd picture it looks like you drilled into that plastic piece. Is that a correct observation?

I had the same problems with mine if you pull up the seat and possibly( black flooring i don't remember right now) you can get to the back side of the "drain" mine still had a piece of plastic on the backside. that stopped the water etc. Anything that gets caught in the hole will plug it up. leaves etc...

Mine don't have any drain hoses or anything attached they basically drain down to where the V drive engine compartment resides.

They don't have any relation to the bilge they just sort of leak/drain into the engine compartment.( at least mine do)