It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fly High Fat Sac Coupling Repair
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 9:51 pm 

I have the Fly High Fat Sac plug n play on my 2014 T22. This past weekend, the coupling that attaches to the bag in the port-side locker on the fill line came loose. The coupling is threaded. I disconnected it from the fill line, screwed it back into the bag, and then re-attached the fill line with the metal clamp. But the coupling still feels a little loose in the bag. Also, it is still leaking a little water. It looks as if there was some form of epoxy used to seal the joint. Any insights/recommendations? Thanks in advance for the help!

Post subject: Re: Fly High Fat Sac Coupling Repair
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:53 am 
Team Axis

Sac ports rip and leak eventually especially if the hose and quick connect length and positioning put a bind on it other than 90 degree level alignment from quick to port plug . Wakemakers ssid when you get 3yo 5 or more from each sac before this problem then you are on schedule , many with well installed pnp from experience on previous boat pnp installs or revisions extend much further

You have multiple points of possible failure; the factory port gluing, the threads on port vs threads on port plug, o ring on plug for quick connect seal , large oring on plug threads, clips broken on quick connect

My install of my front bag vent line I didn’t revise from original install that was re routed under dash and out the side of bag locker binds that port on angle when bag full and it leaks from factory glue job on port

Tried some water resistant spray adhesive but bind broke that, this is my second mushroom due to that problem so I milk this one through by putting a rag around port and connect on the bag to absorb the leak when I re fill too much. I fill my sacs too much snd cause my problems as the specifically state in writing on the bags that “properly filled sacs have wrinkles and mine are taught

Post subject: Re: Fly High Fat Sac Coupling Repair
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 1:35 pm 

OK - thanks for the feedback. I'm going to replace the couplings and see if I can get a little more life out of it.