It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Underwater lights
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 8:57 pm 
Team Axis

My 2015 Axis came from the factory with the underwater lights wired into the interior lights. This has been driving me nuts, the guy that helped modify my stereo was going to fix this for me but ran out of time.

So my question, I was able to un plug the rear lights and the interior lights still worked. It appears that they just daisy chained them all the way back.

What is the simplest way to move these over to the open ACC switch? Just run a new wire from the switch back? Is there a simpler option?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: Underwater lights
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:07 pm 

Just run new wire the the acc. That's the easiest option. Underwater wired to interior is normal but it's easy enough to run a dedicated wire up front. Just crimp on an end and attach to one of the acc switches (they are prewired hot.)

Post subject: Re: Underwater lights
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:58 pm 
Team Axis

Finally tackled this tonight. Ran a wire from the aux switch all the way back to the wire loom that runs down the back of the boat.

The blue/white wire supplies power to the lights. I cut and capped the supply side and then tied the new one into the existing wire and boom done. Literally took 45 minutes. Kicking myself for not doing this when I first got the boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk