It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Front ballast upgrade W/O PNP
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 10:54 am 

First I want to say this is my first post and I apologize if I’m posting wrong or whatever.
I have a 2011 A22 vandle. I’m positive it’s a vandle bc of the title and the dealer ran the numbers. My particular vandle does not have plug and play front ballast or the heater blowerswitches I just have the ACC switches in place of them.

So I recently took on the project of adding ballast. Which I removed the rear hard tanks and I replaced with sumo 900s. Upgraded fill pumps to 1100s and keeping he drains the same.(for now). I also put in the front arrow bag and I did not want to piggy back off of the center fill bc I know it would just take forever. So I drilled a thru hull and installed another 1100 piranha And 2 more for the drain and vent on the side.. all that work is done.

Now my question is how do I wire the 2 pumps to the Acc switch which is intended for the front PNP. I looked under the dash and there are wires attached to the switch but I have no idea where they go. So if anyone can help explain where they go or what I need to do to get that wiring done I would greatly appreciate it!!! Thanks again everyone and I love this site have gotten tons of info from everyone!!

Post subject: Re: Front ballast upgrade W/O PNP
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 3:01 pm 
Team Axis

If you ACC switches have wires there, but you have been unable to track down any function performed, then I would trace the wires. It may just be that the switch is wired into power, but that you don't have anything wired to where that power goes. I'm not sure, I just know that I've added wiring to the 2 way former ACC switch in my 2012. I can look at what I have tonight there.
That said, what are the switches you do have on the right side of the dash? Do you have 3 acc switches?

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:25 pm 
Team Axis

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 3:37 pm 
Team Axis

So unfortunately what looking up there reminded me of was that I am comparing my wired reversible to your dual pump set up. But, you can still see what you would see under your dash in my picture. Group of switches on the bottom edge of the photo is my ignition panel. Switch closest to the ignition is a music on/off switch if anyone is ever interested.
The row up is what you are looking for. Far left is high/low for heater, second from left is reversible that I wired with a purchased pre-terminated switch. Third, fourth, fifth and sixth from left are the ballast pumps. Wiring there is dual aerator pumps like you are looking for. Sorry I cannot be of more help, but at least the picture shows you what you should end up with. I believe I had one spare ACC switch when I bought the boat. I think it was wired to the battery and likely grounded, but not to anything else. I'm assuming you have two wires to the switch, power and ground. In the end you'd have power, ground, fill and drain. I'd assume it would end up looking like my heater switch on the far left.
Also, it is really easy to pull these switches out through the dash to review the wiring. Pull off the rocker and just push them through towards the driver seat. Wire from the pump to the switch in comfort to test it and then run it all hidden when you know where everything goes.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:01 pm 

Alright tonight I got time and I started tracking the wires that were in the back of the acc switch that is suppose to be the bow ballast. After tracing back the wires go down under in the hull. They actually are down in the hole cutout in the hull labeled fron bow ballast drain and fill. So now I just need to get the other end of the clip and now that switch should work for bow ballast. I’m goin to napa in the next few days to see if they carry the clip. So with all that being said I’m sure all these boats are wired for bow ballast just may not have pumps...

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2018 8:32 pm 

I took pics but I can’t figure out how to load them on here. But ya the back of my switch’s look the same as onwi for the most part. I wish I could post the pics I took I would show everyone where those connections are in the hull of the boat. I really appreciate the feee back ONWI now I hope I can just find the connections at a local shop. Thanks again

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 12:53 pm 
Team Axis

Upload the pictures to imgur.com. Then copy and paste the message board code they provide.
Edit - nevermind - sounds like you have it all figured out. Good luck finding the clip.

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2018 6:54 pm 

So called the dealer for the clip and they were once again zero help what so ever. Proceeded to tell me that they absolutely cannot get that clip. That it comes on the pumps from Malibu. And that if they ever run into a situation where they need one side or the other they hard wire and or splice. Dumb!!! So bc I seem to be able to try a little more than I guess this particular dealership. I went to napa and they told me ya I can get it but they only sell in boxes of 30 clips... so they sent me to a John Deere dealer and or any GM dealer or Ford or whatever and I’ll be!!! they carry these and more weatherproof clips by the dozens... cost 6$ for the female ends I need. No splicees necessary... I hate ignorance and laziness. Thanks for the help and I’ll be checking leaks hopefully next week and see if all is well!! And I’ll keep trying to figure out the imgur app to upload pics