It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2 subs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 1:33 pm 
Team Axis

Has installed an extra sub, If so where? I have the sp2 so any help on what I should(another amp) install would be appreciated. Just looking for more bass when your song comes on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post subject: Re: 2 subs
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:45 pm 
Team Axis

JohnnyK wrote:
Has installed an extra sub, If so where? I have the sp2 so any help on what I should(another amp) install would be appreciated. Just looking for more bass when your song comes on.

Are u running the FA 10" sub still?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:35 pm 
Team Axis

If you buy a good sub jlw7, ws xxx, exile big 12 etc. With the correct box and amp you shouldn't need a 2nd sub imo

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 pm 
Team Axis

I still have the factory installed sub under the helm. I am not a fan of modding a lot to something that still has warranty. But adding/easy to take out, under warranty I am ok with. That’s why I thought adding another sub might be better, but if you think replacing the factory sub with a box would be more beneficial then I open.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:06 pm 
Team Axis

JohnnyK wrote:
I still have the factory installed sub under the helm. I am not a fan of modding a lot to something that still has warranty. But adding/easy to take out, under warranty I am ok with. That’s why I thought adding another sub might be better, but if you think replacing the factory sub with a box would be more beneficial then I open.

In my 16 A20 I took out the black cubby and built a box with a new kick plate, relocated the heater vent also. Sounded great and hit hard! There was plenty of room for a spec sealed box for the JL W3.Image

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:21 am 
Team Axis

A sealed box at the helm is the best option if you were to add a 2nd sub in a sealed box and still have your factory one they will both hit different and not sound very good, there have been quite a few threads over the years on this if you search on here or malibucrew you will get some ideas.
I built a complete panel replacement one last year but I'm going to build a different one in a few weeks to fit behind my factory kick panel so it will look factory but be in a sealed box to gain my leg room back.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:20 pm 
Team Axis

steveA20 wrote:
JohnnyK wrote:

In my 16 A20 I took out the black cubby and built a box with a new kick plate, relocated the heater vent also. Sounded great and hit hard! There was plenty of room for a spec sealed box for the JL W3.Image

Had a wall made with your design for a free air sub out of starboard . No box just 2inches of starboard wall. I think the RGB ring will glow its color on to the white wall at night.

Added an acrylic ws420sq mount that lights up with an RGB strip light built into a groove around top and side of it. Installer convinced me to scuff it to be like an RGB ring that use the frosting to glow the light. No frost then you have direct light going through it instead of being deflected , should light entire plastic

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.75 ... 0236455770