It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ballast draining problem
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:11 pm 

Having problem draining front/center ballast. Seems to be filling fine, bag filled up as normal but when went to drain flipped all switches and noticed shortly after draining the front drain light went off. Looked and noticed that it flipped the breaker switch. Reset and attempted again. Continued to flip breaker. It attempts to drain, starts to drain then flips breaker. Center continues to run but no water is draining. Has anyone came cross this issue or have any suggestions to resolving issues. Thanks in advance for the help.

Post subject: Re: Ballast draining problem
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:07 pm 
Team Axis

Debris inside the pump is more than likely causing the breaker to flip. It's not too hard to open the pump and free it. When it happened to me on one of the front pumps, I removed the floor so I could see what I was working with, makes it a little easier. Are you having issues with the front and center ballast?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 5:29 am 

After some reading, I believe only having issue with front. Where will I find the pump for front ballast, under middle seats? What's the process of cleaning out/unclogging pump?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:26 am 
Team Axis

i think its under the round hatch. in the middle of the boat where the T drain is located.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:29 am 
Team Axis

The pumps will be between the gas tank and center ballast tank. Depending on your model / year it might be easiest to go through the gas tank cover - viewtopic.php?t=3465&p=28021.

You'll also likely have Shurflo pump. The housing for the pump and motor/impeller separate into two pieces so you don't have to take the whole thing out to test / inspect it. The video here shows the process for the 800 GPH pump.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:17 am 
Team Axis

The front pumps are located under the floor, near the front drain plug. The easiest way to work on them (for me) is to remove the floor. It's secured by 10-12 screws.
After you reach the pump, one end will have a couple screws in it. Remove the screws and a collar around the pump, that should allow you to pull the pump apart and access the impeller.
I'm sure some can work on the pumps through the small floor access point near the driver's seat but it's a very tight space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk