It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Under-seat storage liner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:03 am 
Team Axis

So now that I'm in a 2017 T23. . . . :shock: I want to line the underseat storage compartments with something to keep the gel from getting dinged or scratched, and keep stuff from banging around. I probably will do Gator-Step next year, but just can't pull the trigger on it this year. In the meantime, I've seen someone reference shelf-liner. But was thinking about this:

https://www.amazon.com/Dri-Dek-Marine-Surface-Interlocking-Compartment/dp/B01HU5SFU4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1497967291&sr=8-1&keywords=dri-dek&th=1

$75 is a lot cheaper than $435 for Gator-Step.

Has anyone tried this? Any reviews? Also, does anyone have any idea how much I need if I'm doing both sides, and perhaps under the glovebox?

Thanks in advance!!!

Post subject: Re: Under-seat storage liner
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:25 pm 

I am in the same boat (no pun intended). I appreciate your link because I saw someone use this exact same material in their 2017 T23 on TheMalibuCrew but could not find out where he had got the material. I should be able to view his photo now to count the number of pieces he used against the item description. His install looks pretty nice and should get me through this season up until I install SeaDek.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 6:57 pm 
Team Axis

I found that thread right after I posted here. My guess about 15 tiles. I ordered 18 in black, and they should be here on Thursday. I'll post up my results...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:09 pm 
Team Axis

Looks like a good idea, only bad thing is it'll harbor dirty under them which you'll have to remove them to clean. That's the benefit to seadek/gatorstep. If you want stuff in the compartment you might look into sheets of traction pad, like from agenda surf or similar.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 9:16 am 
Team Axis

Guys -- I use tool drawer liner from harbor freight... works like a charm!!!

18 Monterey 278SSC

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 12:33 pm 
Team Axis

Thought I'd update, since I had a PM. I ordered 18 tiles of Dri-Dek for my 2017 T23. Used all but 2 or 3 of them. That provided coverage for the under-glovebox area, and both sides under the seats. I like it much better than shelf liner, as it lifts the gear off the hull completely. Dirt and water fall down, and can be washed out the bilge drains, or you can pull everything and clean it out. I've also put a couple of Walmart milk crates in the port side, to keep things contained and separated. They fit nicely also. If anyone wants, I can grab some pics next time I'm at the lake (hopefully this weekend).