It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Homemade delta
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:19 am 
Team Axis

I copied your design for the most part however I see that deploying the front suction latch may be a bit of work once on the water. I now know why you beveled the edges of the hole saw cuts after I sliced my finger open on the sharp HDPE when the latch snapped down during testing!

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll190/mk_deuce/Mobile%20Uploads/20160907_115618.jpg

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:55 am 
Team Axis

Will someone correct me if I'm wrong. I feel that on an A20 that you still need a fake gate when using a suck gate. The suck gate does a great job of shaping the wave, but the fake gate acts to lengthen the hull thus creating a better all over and longer wave. I have the 1080 skate ramp thing and I find that when I use my fake gate and the ramp the wave is the best. With only the ramp the wave is tall and short. I want to try a suck gate next year. I'm moving over the winter and will have a garage and a place to work on stuff. I hope to build something by the spring.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:36 pm 
Team Axis

I disagree, I had the wicked wakesurf gates, wave was good, made a suck-gate and the wave is way better. Plus, its way smaller, and you only need one. I suck mine to the floor of the boat behind the drivers seat when not in use only 2013 a20

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:38 pm 
Team Axis

Dman726749 wrote:
I disagree, I had the wicked wakesurf gates, wave was good, made a suck-gate and the wave is way better. Plus, its way smaller, and you only need one. I suck mine to the floor of the boat behind the drivers seat when not in use only 2013 a20

Really? What suck gate did you build? How do you weigh your boat and do you have any pics? Thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2016 2:07 pm 
Team Axis

Dman726749 wrote:

Results will vary depending on the fake gate used. Home made ones usually end up being larger and better fitted then the purchased ones.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:28 am 

After reading this thread and the ones on Team Talk I'm going to try the Wake Shaper from NautiCurl. Use code TT20 to get 20% off until the middle of April I think. I've got the Wicked Wake gates and they work great, I'm looking for something easier and better of course. There is no "this is the best one" group opinion out there and they all seem to work about the same. Will let you all know how it works.