It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 11:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016 A24 stereo system and light
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:01 am 
Team Axis

Why didn't you go for a regular hlcd on the tower those are going to look awful and no way they will sound better than a ws rev at distance

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 5:13 pm 
Team Axis

I think normal tower speakers look very ugly, even vulgar and hang too low for my 6 foot 4 body frame. Your opinion about the possible sound quality of these speakers is just that, an opinion. I have heard all WS products while riding and apart from volume I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good product and I don't want to slant it. but we have achieved actual "staging" of the music at 85 feet. Staging is when you can HEAR where the musicians are standing on stage while playing. We have achieved this by using one Individual frequency crossover per speaker.

Sent from my HTC Desire 526G dual sim using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 6:43 pm 
Team Axis

swissolih wrote:
I think normal tower speakers look very ugly, even vulgar and hang too low for my 6 foot 4 body frame. Your opinion about the possible sound quality of these speakers is just that, an opinion. I have heard all WS products while riding and apart from volume I was not impressed. Don't get me wrong, it's a good product and I don't want to slant it. but we have achieved actual "staging" of the music at 85 feet. Staging is when you can HEAR where the musicians are standing on stage while playing. We have achieved this by using one Individual frequency crossover per speaker.

As someone with a background in studio audio that sounds like really nice snake oil [emoji6]. The staging your are describing is possible but the recording of the music needs to be done with a special microphone (no normal music is recorded this way) and listened to in an extremely controlled environment(with headphones). A crossover per speaker is nothing new and will not "stage" music.

Not saying this setup won't sound good. Designing a system that sounds good At 70ft, not too big of a problem but the sounds not going to stop at 70ft and if it's loud it's going to bother people. Getting a good stereo image at 70ft from the boats is nearly impossible and "staging" the music is not going to happen.

You seemed very concerned about good sound which is cool just don't get sold on a lot of buzz words. Bose has made a boat load of money selling $5 paper cone speakers for thousands of dollars with good marketing and buzzwords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:06 am 
Team Axis

vanamp wrote:
swissolih wrote:

As someone with a background in studio audio that sounds like really nice snake oil [emoji6]. The staging your are describing is possible but the recording of the music needs to be done with a special microphone (no normal music is recorded this way) and listened to in an extremely controlled environment(with headphones). A crossover per speaker is nothing new and will not "stage" music.

Not saying this setup won't sound good. Designing a system that sounds good At 70ft, not too big of a problem but the sounds not going to stop at 70ft and if it's loud it's going to bother people. Getting a good stereo image at 70ft from the boats is nearly impossible and "staging" the music is not going to happen.

You seemed very concerned about good sound which is cool just don't get sold on a lot of buzz words. Bose has made a boat load of money selling $5 paper cone speakers for thousands of dollars with good marketing and buzzwords.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All High's no Low's - must be Bose. I have a marketing degree and I remember we spent a solid few days in one of my classes studying Bose as they are an amazing marketing machine. When your eyes see a tiny speaker and your ears hear a ton of sound from them it it's easy for them to sell people on all that noise coming from some sort of secret technology. It's just not the case unfortunately.

Personally I applaud this guy for stepping out of the box. Those tower speakers are not necessarily my taste but to many my Lime Green Boat would not be to theirs. So long as he is having fun with it and not hurting anyone I say -Good on Ya! And I would put really good money on the fact that if you ran this system next to a PAC 2 or PAC 3 system in a blind sound off he would crush both with what he is building.

1978 Bandit Trans-Am

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:43 am 
Team Axis

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:23 am 
Team Axis

You don't hit 148 dB with snake oil :-)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:25 am 
Team Axis

ImageImageImageImage
3$ led strips, hot glue and some aluminium spacers

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:49 am 
Team Axis

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:36 am 
Team Axis

Walkthrough height: 193cm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:40 am 
Team Axis

ImageImage

100W white underwater LED

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 113 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12  Next