It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How do I use the ACC switches?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:10 am 
Team Axis

I would like to control my DIY-LED-install with one of the ACC switches. I have looked behind the dash and was surprised to see three cables going to each of the ACC Switches. I wouldn't have expected them to have cables at all. These cables lead to a connector which goes into what looks like the main cable bus of the boat. On the circuit breaker Panel I have found CBs for both ACC Switches. My question is where is the correct point to tap into the ACC Switches so I can also make use of the factory CBs?

Post subject: Re: How do I use the ACC switches?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:30 am 
Team Axis

The single throw acc switch should already have a ground and a hot connected to it. The ground may even be piggybacked to another adjacent switch.

You should have one blank blade ready to receive a female connector. Pull your new wire for your accessory and attach the hot to the blank blade and splice into the ground with a t-tap connector. Use a minimum of 16AWG wire to minimize resistance.

Double-throw is a little more complicated, but same concept, depending on how the double-throw operates. (on1-off-on2 vs. on1-off-on1+2).

18 Monterey 278SSC