It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2010 A22 Vandall Rear Ballast Upgrade PNP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 8:47 pm 
Boater

I am looking at getting 2 rear 400 lb ballast bags for the plug n play set up. I am confused on the options. The option 1 is like $200 + Per Bag and comes with fittings.....Option 2 is $195.49 for both bags no fittings. Are the fittings really worth $200 more or am I missing something here. Looks like option 1 is vented too, but not sure what that means. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Option 1:

http://www.wakemakers.com/axis-rear-bal ... grade.html

Option 2:

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-v-drive-sacs.html

Thanks

Post subject: Re: 2010 A22 Vandall Rear Ballast Upgrade PNP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:35 pm 
Team Axis

When you vent a bag it means you have an outlet in which trapped air can escape. Without it you can end up with a bag that looks full, but inside it contains trapped air.

Do you have the Vandall edition? I thought those always came with the Plug-n-play ballast upgrade so you should only have to look at adding bags. Are you looking at just wakeboarding or surfing as well. The 400s would be on the small side for surfing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:03 pm 
Boater

I have the Vandall edition. It comes with PNP I just have to get the bags and pieces and hose to connect them to the ports. I am leaning towards getting the ones that are $200 for both bags and are not vented. Does air really get in there a lot? Can you just open a valve manually to bleed the air? And what size bags would you recommend? We surf and wakeboard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:19 pm 
Boater

Looks like to do the system wakemakers.com says will be $500! That is for two rear bags 600 lbs Straight Line with Connections.

There has to be a more cost effective way to put some weight in the back. Any suggestions!?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 8:58 pm 
Team Axis

If it makes you feel better my ballast upgrade from wakemakers is close to $1000.

With the smaller bags I am assuming you are only wakeboarding and not surfing, correct?

You can get the bags and a pump to throw over the side of the boat to fill and drain. That would be the cheapest option but man what a time consuming pain in the butt.

Just get the pnp setup the right way and never worry about it again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:10 pm 
Team Axis

I probably spent $100 on just fittings for my PNP setup with bags. Then the bags were another $5-600 for three. That's not including venting. I ran that all summer and had to manually vent the bags everytime, which gets old fast. My winter project is to vent the bags, probably another $30-$50 in parts but the convienence is key.

Post subject: 2010 A22 Vandall Rear Ballast Upgrade PNP
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:40 pm 
Team Axis

Just pull your tanks and go with 750 or 900's

viewtopic.php?t=3082

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 8:41 pm 
Boater

So it looks like I am going to go with 2 750 lb bags. The bags are $300 , but the connections alone are another $220. You would think for a few very short pieces of hose and quick release connections it would be cheaper. Looks like these bags have 1 drain place and are not vented, but my 2010 is not set up to have two drains. Let me know if yall would recommend something else

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-fat-sac.html ( 2 of these bags)

http://www.wakemakers.com/axis-rear-bal ... grade.html ( I guess I need these connections)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:22 pm 
Team Axis

The bag does have a vent in a pnp setup. Here is how mine was from factory.

Fill pump - top of bag
Drain pump - hard tank
Bag lower port - top of hard tank
Top of bag 2nd port - vent

The bag fills first from top port and gravity drains water down to fill tank. Bag vents from second top port.

Drain pump drains tank and gravity pulls water from bag to tank to drain.

This setup filling is great but draining can take a while because the water does not flow into the tank fast enough.

I put a "T" on the drain pump so it sucks from the bag and the tank at the same time. It works a little better.

But I also will be pulling my hard tanks and running larger bags to simplify things and make storing a wakeboard in the locker possible while traveling.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:13 am 
Team Axis

I have a 2012 vandall and didn't have the hoses.

I got the PNP wake makers upgrade kit. Added 900 bags to each side. Also highly recommend if your going to do 750 or 900 get the divider pannel supports.

With the upgrade kit on my vandall now I have 1 fill and 2 drains to help it drain back into the tank.

The drains are the bottom 2 off the bag and top ports 1 is full and tho other is vent out the side.