It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 4:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Cruise Control Gets Stuck and Ballast Won't drain
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:26 am 
Boater

Just bought a 2010 A22 Vandall Edition. Did not get to inspect myself as it came from out of town. Anyways boat has two problems I can't seem to figure out.

1. Cruise control gets stuck on or off. Sometimes when I want cruise I click it and it won't come on no matter how many times I press the switch. I have to turn off boat let it reset 1-3 different times then it will work. Same thing when it is on. Sometimes it won't go off until I turn off boat 1-3 times.

2. Front Ballast when I click fill shoots water out the side. Then when I click drain it spits water for 1 second and stops. It's like it's full, but won't drain.

Anyone have these problems and or know how to fix them?

Post subject: Re: Cruise Control Gets Stuck and Ballast Won't drain
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:43 am 
Team Axis

Well there is no front unless you have a bag added. Factory is only rear and center. I added a 950 from wake makers to my front plug and play on my 2012 a22 vandall.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:50 am 
Team Axis

Problem one is a defective tachometer. All 2010's were recalled - see if your local dealer can still get it replaced. If not, the work around is never turn off the boat when its on depth display (any other screen is fine). If its locked up turn boat on, set display to some screen other than depth, turn off, wait for displays to go dark, restart.

Problem number two sounds like a bad pump tripping the circuit breaker. I have had to replace drain 2 pumps in my 2010 already. The front drain pump should be under the flip-up seats in the walk though. You can swap with another pump to test if that is the problem. Replacement pumps cartridges are available here: http://www.bakesonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=1613

Welcome to the community and enjoy the boat!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 7:55 pm 
Boater

Thanks Yall! As far as the front ballast tank I was under the assumption it did have a tank. I thought the 2010 a22 vandall edition had rear left and right, center and front. I saw the plumb lines running up front, but did not check in the hull to see if there was a tank. (Not even sure how you get to where that tank would be. )

As for the tach will any dealer replace it or does it have to be the one the boat came from?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 8:30 pm 
Team Axis

There is no front tank, there's a front sack if the boat has PnP option AND if the previous own bought the front sack to work with the PnP. Just lift up the small front cushion or the chillax seat and look

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 6:58 am 
Team Axis

Any Axis and maybe Malibu dealer should do. Good luck!

If there is a "Front" switch, then its likely that it also have Plug-n-play pumps also installed. Most of the 2010s I have seen without PNP, had a generic "acc" switch in that slot.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:37 pm 
Boater

Thanks Yall. It has a switch that says front as is marked for it. I will check next weekend. Thanks. The part was ordered all I had to pay was shipping. Hopefully that fixes other issue.