It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: tower lights
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:23 am 

anybody instal tower lights before, I like riding at night but need to light up my wake for surging.

Post subject: Re: tower lights
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:54 am 
Team Axis

...you mean when you accidentally fall out of the boat at night and very luckily happen to land on a surf board. This has happened to me a couple times too. glow stick on the lifejacket works well too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:15 am 
Boater

Brodie wrote:
anybody instal tower lights before, I like riding at night but need to light up my wake for surging.

I just installed these Tuff Stuff Performance 10" Led- 12" Off Road Led Light Bar Flood/Spot Combo Beam- 3W Led-72W-4500 Lumen. . Got them off amazon fit perfectly and are really bright. They are the only light source in the second picture.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:00 am 
Team Axis

Nice light. I wonder if you could put a dimmer on it. That might be tough to surf behind without sunglasses on

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:04 pm 
Team Axis

It's illegal in VA to surf at night ... but would be cool on a moon light night. Curious ... what speakers do you have? I would think the REV-410's dont allow for any room for lights so they would need to be mounted on the side of the tower. What did you use to mount?

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:12 pm 
Boater

WOW, and the price is really good too. I believe I may be making a purchase as well. Let me know if you use them at night and how well it lights up. I have been looking for an LED bar and for that price, thats pretty awesome.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:25 pm 
Boater

aguaskis wrote:
It's illegal in VA to surf at night ... but would be cool on a moon light night. Curious ... what speakers do you have? I would think the REV-410's dont allow for any room for lights so they would need to be mounted on the side of the tower. What did you use to mount?

Surfing is Illegal at night here in VT also but luckily Lake Champlain is huge so don't really have to worry about getting in trouble for it. I have the sound pack II on my boat and the lights came with mounts that worked perfectly on the tower. I will get some close up pictures of the mount on sunday. I still haven't had a chance to surf behind it at night yet as the nights haven't really warmed up enough to warrant a night session.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:50 am 
Boater

Just installed my light bar (the one linked above) between my two rev 10's. Its really bright, taking it out tonight I think to angle it in correctly and see how it does. I tied them to my underwater lights but put a switch in between so I could turn off the towers and just run under waters if I wanted to. Pics to come

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:27 am 

How did you mount? Did you just drill into the tower?

Also, my underwater lights are on the same switch as interior lights? How did you go about changing that?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 11:26 am 
Boater

I installed mine by putting hose clamps around it and put some hot water heater tubing around it so it did not scratch the tower. I have a quick disconnect on the light using a 2 pin trailer harness so I can take it down or swap out if necessary. We put a switch after the on position of the underwaters and a relay from it to trigger the light. I can have underwaters on only or kick on tower light. I cannot run the tower light without underwater though. Here are some pics I means to post a while back. Sorry!

Attachments:
nightsurf3.jpg
nightsurf3.jpg [ 44.71 KiB | Viewed 34513 times ]
nightsurf2.jpg
nightsurf2.jpg [ 37.59 KiB | Viewed 34513 times ]
NightSurf.jpg
NightSurf.jpg [ 56.07 KiB | Viewed 34513 times ]