It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Bow Speaker, Sub and Amp install A22 2013
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 7:03 pm 

I just got an Axis A22 2013 with stereo option 1. I am in the process of installing bow speakers, a amp, and a under helm 12" sub in a sealed box.

I didn't find much in the way of instructions on this forum so I decided to document the process and hopefully it can save someone out there a little time.

Today I installed the front bow speakers.

The side panels in the bow snap off exposing an access hole to get to the bolts behind the panels with the speakers.

The top cushion also snaps off the the axis logo comes off with the 3 screws

There are 2 7/16's bolts behind each of the panels where the bow speakers go remove them and you should be in this state

Those panels take a bit of wiggling to come off but when they do you can see it already has the cutout on the back for the 6.5" speaker. There is also a hole on the bow of the boat in the fiberglass. Mine had wire ends dangling there, but I am fairly certain those were for docking lights and not for speakers. I didn't trace them to verify this but giving the type of wire and the ends I would bet its for lighting not audio.

Now the hardest part... cutting into your nice new boat with a razor blade.

I cut it like a pizza with 8 slices leacing about 1/2 inch from the side of the cut out hole in the back. I cut from the back to see this.

After that you're pretty much done, I used the metal brackets that came with the speakers and the inner screw holes on the speakers. I didn't take a picture but the metal bracket wraps around the black plastic on back of the cushion and the screw holds it in place. You could drill out the outside holes through the back of the cushion but you would also have to drill into the fiberglass of the boat.

I ziptied the wire runs to the existing wires to keep it all tidy, I don't have my amp yet so the wires are just sitting behind the passenger side pop off panel.

Post subject: Re: Bow Speaker, Sub and Amp install A22 2013
PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:04 pm 
Team Axis

Well done, thanks for the good description and photos!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:37 am 
Team Axis

Brave! Well done.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:30 am 
Team Axis

Nice job! How hard was it to run the speaker wire up to the bow? How long did it take you to get all the panels popped off and everything back together?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:22 am 

bryce2320 wrote:
Nice job! How hard was it to run the speaker wire up to the bow? How long did it take you to get all the panels popped off and everything back together?

It was really easy to run the wires there are existing holes. It took me about 2 hours to do the whole thing, but if I did it again it would be much quicker.