It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Disappearing ballast....losing my mind
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:52 am 
Team Axis

mdean4421 wrote:
Update 2: I re-checked the hatch area. There are actually 3 pumps vertical and one horizontal. I followed your advice about feeling it ( don't know why I didn't think of that). And it was the far pump standing vertical. I cut it off after filling the ballast bag and it stayed full!

So now ive established the problem, I think I'm going to see if I can find an area to zip tie off or mount the hoses up higher. I think I will have to add more hose. I'll keep yall posted.

Thanks for the help thus far!

Srsly man, you have the answer already. Get a check valve. Here's a link. https://www.wakemakers.com/marine-check-valve.html

Cut hose, put hose clamps on either side of the cut, insert check valve, tighten clamps, conquer the world.

Post subject: Re: Disappearing ballast....losing my mind
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:22 am 
Team Axis

You need to do the fill line check ball to avoid bothering with pump and the extra line and high mounting of lines under dash or other is for over the side passive draining, the valve for fill line passive draining , you have to do both but even if you plug outside as well as I have done , the water still gets forced out of the duck bill on anti syphon loop because of force of water from bow rise

We also get passive filling through fill line on front bag but that’s easier to solve by draining sack by switch, but still a pain because if chillax seats are closed , don’t see it until you check it or put on the drain switch , and if you leave the center fill on , while water coming out vent side it will also passively fill front bag through the shared vent line