It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Front and Center Ballast Issues
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:43 pm 
Boater

I had front ballast plumbed in on my 2010 Axis a22. They worked fine all summer, now they don't. They don't drain or fill. I pulled carpet up, popped the little circle plastic piece off the floor to access the hull where the pumps are. Those pumps are under to the left. Pretty hard to access.

It sounds like they don't have power? I don't know how anyone accesses those pumps. Anyone have any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Front and Center Ballast Issues
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:02 am 
Boater

Update: So both pumps actually do make noise like they run, but not pumping in water or out. The back pumps I can take that screw out and unscrew them to make sure nothing is jammed in there. These pumps are mounted in such a hard to access place, what do yall do to see if there is something logged in / diagnose this problem?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2018 7:40 am 
Team Axis

Fill pumps are attached to the floor. They may be spinning a little but still be clogged. You need to take the screw out and pull the cartridge. Once the cartridge is loose you can inspect or replace. You can do this on the water if you close the ball valve first. Use a screw driver with a magnetic tip. Once you've got a feel for it it really isn't that bad. Drain for the tank is attached to the tank. Drain for the bag, in a PNP set up, is loose. That one I can pull up toward the hatch to look at.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:19 pm 
Boater

Well I figured it out. Dirt dobbers actually built nests inside the hole. The center tank was full, when I cleared the dirt out it drained no problem