It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:20 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: T23 Walkway Speakers
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:25 am 
Team Axis

bdheinr wrote:
Well, As they say: Nothing goes as planned! I received the speaker recess boxes from Malibu and they are way to large for an axis. So I will not be recessing them in anymore. My thought is to just cut 2 holes and mount them in the fiberglass. BrettLee3232: How does your sound? Any issues with it sounds off because the 2 speakers are firing directly at each other? I was going to mount 1 on each side. What does everyone think?

I did this in my old deck boat with two 650's and the 12" sub and it sounded amazing

I'm no audio file , but the local stereo place did mine, so I'm sure if there were issues they would have placed them somewhere else.

I'll see if I can find a pic for you

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 5:13 pm 
Team Axis

Swear I have seen this done somewhere on this forum but with a sub instead. Can't find it tho :/

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:40 am 
Team Axis

Here you go!

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=2961

PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:46 am 
Team Axis

makes much more sense for a sub than for the full range speakers. really.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:09 am 
Team Axis

bdheinr wrote:
Well, As they say: Nothing goes as planned! I received the speaker recess boxes from Malibu and they are way to large for an axis. So I will not be recessing them in anymore. My thought is to just cut 2 holes and mount them in the fiberglass. BrettLee3232: How does your sound? Any issues with it sounds off because the 2 speakers are firing directly at each other? I was going to mount 1 on each side. What does everyone think?

I think they sound fine. I knew it wasn't going to be directed at my ears or anything. The reason I added them is because I had room on my amp for 2 more speakers and couldn't think of anywhere else to add them. I have four zones of audio in my boat (Tower, subs, cabin & bow). All on individual Kicker KXLMRC volume controls. I do notice it is obviously louder having them rather than not having them. My stereo guy thought it was a great idea to add them there. My next boat I would do it again.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:16 am 
Team Axis

when my T22 gets here, I'll be doing the driver's speakers again and will post up a DIY. If you are going to go to the trouble of cutting a big hole or two in the boat, might as well do it in a place that's going to sound the best too.

Post subject: T23 Walkway Speakers
PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2016 7:41 pm 
Team Axis

shawndoggy wrote:
when my T22 gets here, I'll be doing the driver's speakers again and will post up a DIY. If you are going to go to the trouble of cutting a big hole or two in the boat, might as well do it in a place that's going to sound the best too.

You said again , do u have any photos of your first time u did it? Sounds like a good weekend project and I am very interested to tackle!

I feel like the quietest seat in the boat is the drivers. (Hopefully the 12" sub and tuning from the stereo shop will help

Did you go from 6-8 in boats?

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 10:04 am 
Team Axis

Smuurph84 wrote:
shawndoggy wrote:

You said again , do u have any photos of your first time u did it? Sounds like a good weekend project and I am very interested to tackle!

I feel like the quietest seat in the boat is the drivers. (Hopefully the 12" sub and tuning from the stereo shop will help

Did you go from 6-8 in boats?

From page 1, I did this in my 2014 LSV last year:

I just disconnected the walkway speakers and repowered them to these captains speakers. So I went from eight to eight.

On the T22 I will add a pair in a similar location, but it's going to be a little more complicated on the helm side, because the T22 doesn't have the starboard wall extension like the LSV. I will probably end up making a fiberglass speaker pod that will go on the floor.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:16 am 
Team Axis

Finally starting the process of building the driver's side speaker pod.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2016 9:07 am 
Team Axis

More progress....