It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: what board do you ride?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:42 am 
Team Axis

67King wrote:
AJWest wrote:
I go back and forth between a 2010 Slingshot Reflex and a 2011 Ronix District. I also have a 2011 Slingshot Recoil I rarely ride.

How would you compare them? I've got the District, and that board is very difficult to break loose. I bought it as a beginner, and it was great for tracking, but it is a chore to spin or switch, etc. I've ridden a couple of Slingshots and have a few friends who have them and love them (not sure which models). They are all encouraging me to get one. Just curious to hear from someone sho has both what they think.

I'm not a good rider in my opinion. I have can ride switch okay, half cabs, several grabs, w2w 180, w2w 360 sometimes so my opinion doesn't mean much. The District comes with tall fins, the shorter fins help loosen it up. It also has bottom features to help it track well. The pop is very predictable and consistent as with all continuous rocker boards. It lands quite a bit harder than the Slingshots. Slingshot boards land very soft (i don't know about the Ballistic series though) compared to the District...it's night and day. Slingshots also do not have bottom features so they take some getting used to because they are very loose and spin very easy. Slingshots also are much lighter. You really should at least try a Slingshot. Just put your bindings on your friend's Slingshot and give it a try. I don't do surface spins that much anymore but the District makes you work. Instead of spinning the District, I just Ollie 180 everything if I need to switch my stance

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 8:57 am 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
67King wrote:
AJWest wrote:
I go back and forth between a 2010 Slingshot Reflex and a 2011 Ronix District. I also have a 2011 Slingshot Recoil I rarely ride.

How would you compare them? I've got the District, and that board is very difficult to break loose. I bought it as a beginner, and it was great for tracking, but it is a chore to spin or switch, etc. I've ridden a couple of Slingshots and have a few friends who have them and love them (not sure which models). They are all encouraging me to get one. Just curious to hear from someone sho has both what they think.

I'm not a good rider in my opinion. I have can ride switch okay, half cabs, several grabs, w2w 180, w2w 360 sometimes so my opinion doesn't mean much. The District comes with tall fins, the shorter fins help loosen it up. It also has bottom features to help it track well. The pop is very predictable and consistent as with all continuous rocker boards. It lands quite a bit harder than the Slingshots. Slingshot boards land very soft (i don't know about the Ballistic series though) compared to the District...it's night and day. Slingshots also do not have bottom features so they take some getting used to because they are very loose and spin very easy. Slingshots also are much lighter. You really should at least try a Slingshot. Just put your bindings on your friend's Slingshot and give it a try. I don't do surface spins that much anymore but the District makes you work. Instead of spinning the District, I just Ollie 180 everything if I need to switch my stance

Thank you. You are certainly better than me. I have ridden the Slingshot, but it was when I was very much a beginner. I LOVED how easy it was to spin, but at that point, it was a bit too slick for me. The District is so hard to spin that I fear I'll catch a toe side edge, again. I did that last year and tore my stomach up so bad that I was done for the year way too early. Another issue I have with the District is that it turns like a ski, so that I almost feel that I get to the wake well before I'm ready to. So I will often not get my rope tension and position right, and I either get a lot of air, but am out of control, or I get so focused on the rope that I forget to work my legs, and I don't get very high (I grew up skiiing and inherently try to use my knees to soften the wake). I feel if I could slide the board a little bit when I first turn in, I'll be able to get my body where I want it and be more able to concentrate on other things.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 11:29 pm 
Team Axis

I used to own a 2009 LF axis...it was good beginner board loved it but then I bought a 2011 ronix mana...loved it too haha but felt it was hard to do any spins..alittle heavy and some times I felt I was a dump truck in the water sometimes..now I just recently bought a 2012 ronix viva ATR...same as the modello version but with sintered core...love it...its lighter feels like I'm gliding on top of the water...has good pop for a blend board and has some stored energy for ur edging/transition into the wake.....bottom of the board and ride is very similiar to the ronix One board....all a round its a amazing board...and top it the color on it matches my boat..black and green haha...didn't buy it for that...had a few friends at a local shop tell me all about it....sometimes with all the surface and edging it feels like I'm surfing in the water....it has enough grip but still loose to do what u want...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:14 am 

DustinA22Vandall wrote:
I used to own a 2009 LF axis...it was good beginner board loved it but then I bought a 2011 ronix mana...loved it too haha but felt it was hard to do any spins..alittle heavy and some times I felt I was a dump truck in the water sometimes..now I just recently bought a 2012 ronix viva ATR...same as the modello version but with sintered core...love it...its lighter feels like I'm gliding on top of the water...has good pop for a blend board and has some stored energy for ur edging/transition into the wake.....bottom of the board and ride is very similiar to the ronix One board....all a round its a amazing board...and top it the color on it matches my boat..black and green haha...didn't buy it for that...had a few friends at a local shop tell me all about it....sometimes with all the surface and edging it feels like I'm surfing in the water....it has enough grip but still loose to do what u want...

i just read about that board, and some reviews on the ronix one monella, people on the one monella said it was heavier than other boards and i'm liking how you're saying that board acts, i think i'm going to go with the viva. atr vs monella, what do you mean by a sintered core?
thanks!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:14 am 
Team Axis

Sintered just means that's its stronger and has a slick bottom....and the board can be used at parks/rails etc without worry of breaking the board..also on the landings it feels better too....

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:39 pm 
Team Axis

I have a one ATR and one Modello. The modello with cell bindings is by far the lightest setup I have ever felt!!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:32 am 
Team Axis

I've been riding a '07 Hyperlite Murray 142 for the last few season behind our old Chaparral. But now that I have my A20, next year I want to try a board with a 3-stage. So I pulled this thing off my wall (I bought it a few years ago for $99 brand new at a boat show and hung it up as Art because it just looks so B.A.) to see how I liked the 3-stage "Kick". But after a few TS front flip to forearm judo chops on that crazy cut out fin, I can see why the shape didn't catch on, back on the wall it went.

'04 Hyperlite Byerly 137 w/ '12 Ronix One boot
Image[/url]

The other boards I ride are my '08 139 Roam (love this board) when its butter and a '12 Hyperlite LandLock wakesurf which My wife and brother who don't wakeboard have no problems cruising on the with just the stock ballast (no PNP.... yet)

Image[/url]
(Please excuse the delicious White Russian)

2012 A20

Last edited by Axis Of Evil on Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:25 pm 
Team Axis

Axis of Evil, I used to ride an 07' Murray as well. My delaminates and got it replaced with a '11 model. The newer 3-stage is great! If you like the 07' with continuous rocker, you'll love the '11!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:06 am 
Team Axis

I am going to upgrade my setup for next season. I currently ride a Hyperlite State, which has been a great board to learn on. My next board will be the 2012 Hyperlite Murray Bio 142 and I plan on using the Team bindings with it. Should be a nice upgrade.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:42 pm 
Team Axis

Did anyone ride the 2012 hyperlite murray or the 2012 liquid force harley? I'm looking at both of the boards but I don't think I'm ready to drop the money on the system bindings for hyperlite.

I ride a hyperlite right now but i'm ready for some closed tow bindings. The open toe makes me feel like i'm barely attached to the board.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next