It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Axis sacs versus generic (Fly High) sacs - what's the diff?
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:17 am 
Team Axis

Riddle me this. Axis bags are around $240 each. The non-Axis Fly High Pro X bags, presumably the equivalent, are $230 for the pair. The only difference I can see is the location of one of the ports. As the 750's and 1100's seem to use the same vent/fill/drain locations as the non-Axis bags, I don't see this as a problem.

Is there something I am missing that would drive the need to spend the extra $250 for the Axis bags?

Post subject: Re: Axis sacs versus generic (Fly High) sacs - what's the di
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 6:06 pm 
Site Admin

The Axis bags are a custom bag so they make fewer bags that are axis specific. There is a 750 Axis bag that we did not even put on Boardstop.com because the bag is exactly like the OEM version so we just list if as the straight fat sac. I believe that the standard Axis sac are the same size as the V-drive bags. They do not come with the quick connect cemented in from BFI.

At boardstop we sell way more of the Axis 750 combo than any other Axis plug and play setup.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 8:23 pm 
Team Axis

I think I must have been ambiguous, sorry about that. I understand what drives the cost, what I was asking was more about the value to the consumer. In other words, is there something that makes the Axis specific one worth twice the price? The only difference I can spot is in one of the ports, but since it is in the same location as the 750's, I assume that won't impact anything negatively.

So, what I'm really after is what am I getting for that extra $250? Not interested in the 750's, at least at this point.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 pm 
Team Axis

admin wrote:
The Axis bags are a custom bag so they make fewer bags that are axis specific. There is a 750 Axis bag that we did not even put on Boardstop.com because the bag is exactly like the OEM version so we just list if as the straight fat sac. I believe that the standard Axis sac are the same size as the V-drive bags. They do not come with the quick connect cemented in from BFI.

At boardstop we sell way more of the Axis 750 combo than any other Axis plug and play setup.

Ed over at Boardstop has the best price on the Axis PnP ballast package (and a lot of other gear) whether it's the standard PnP rear sacs or the 750 rear sacs. I had Ed order me black 750lb rear sacs for my PnP package and had the package in less than a week during peak season (June). So glad Boardstop is less than an hour from my house and is at the dealership I got my A22 at. So when I take my boat in for service I get to browse Boardstop.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:54 pm 
Site Admin

I personally do not think you are getting anything better with the Axis factory spec bags.