It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: 2012 Stereo pack 3 setup
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:57 pm 
Team Axis

The only way to get close without a scope is by ear which I didn't want to do just due to forcing the speaker to clip, I can tell you that my deck started clipping the output signal to the amps at 47 volume, I adjusted all the amps at 46 and managed to get 434 watts X 2 @ 4ohms clean rms power out of the syn4 to the rev10's, and I got 65 watts out of the MTX TE404 X 4 channels to the interior speakers, it ended up having the gain at close to or less than 30% on all amps and it sounds crazy! Thanks to Tim at wet sounds for the guidance on frequency and adjusting. If you know a mechanic or an electrician either one of those guys should have access to a scope and might be able to be persuaded to help you with setting up the scope and adjusting everything, after the first amp all the others are easy after that.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Stereo pack 3 setup
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 6:40 pm 
Team Axis

I ended up doing it by ear and think its pretty good now. But I was working in my driveway and going fast to avoid pissing off the neighbors, so we'll see how it really sounds on the lake tomorrow. Main problems were "DSO" turned on at the head unit and sub gain set too low at the amp.