It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2012 Stereo pack 3 setup
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:52 pm 
Team Axis

My boat should arive in about a month now and I was wondering does anybody know how the wetsounds stereo pack 3 comes setup from the factory (or is it installed alter by the dealer)? I know the pack has 2 pro485s, 6 in boat speakers, sub, syn4, syn6. Which amps are powering which speakers? Do you agree this is a best way to wire everything (without buying additional equipment) or is there anythign I should consider changing around? Will the system already be tuned or do I have to do that myself?

Finally, it seems like a lot of people add a ws420 equalizer. I've never done a high end system like this before, what advantage does the eq give that I don't get without that?

Thanks.

Post subject: Re: 2012 Stereo pack 3 setup
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:38 am 
Axis Owner

I have the Stereo pack 3 on my boat that i picked up on thursday last week. The Syn 6 is wired to the interior speakers and the sub. The Syn 4 is wired to the tower. It didn't sound right from the factory so i tuned it my self. With this there is an aux. gain adjustment that comes mounted under the key switch for the sub, it's nice to be able to turn it down a hair when we turn the music up for wakeboarding. The only thing that i ordered extra is the WS420. I did this because i wanted better control from the drivers seat for adjusting the tower and inboat speakers. It will be alot better then having to scroll through the options on the sony head unit, also gives you better tuning ability then the stock head unit. All in all i love the system!!!! Couldn't be happier!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:07 am 
Team Axis

I also have Stereo Pack 3. Mine was apparently wired wrong when it came from factory. When you turned up the volume and had any kind of base then the tower REV410's and the sub would cut out and stop playing. Turn the volume down and adjust most of the base out and it would start playing again. Some adjustments from the dealer and it is working fine.
I have been told that the gain control under the ignition should actually adjust the inboat speakers and not the sub. Is this correct? Mine adjust the sub. Someone said it should turn down the in boat speakers and leave the tower speakers up for boarders. This way the in boat passengers dont get blasted out by the volume. Any thoughts on this? How is everyone elses Stereo Pack 3 wired?

2012 Axis A22

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:39 pm 
Team Axis

Bama, stereo pack 3 is supposed to be pro 485s on the tower, did they switch it to rev410s now? If so that would be awesome!

So I guess 2 channels bridged to each of the tower speakers from the syn4? Then i guess 2 channels bridged to the sub, how are the remaining 4 channels on the syn6 powering the 6 in boat speakers?

Sounds like the main reason for a ws420 is easier zone control?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:02 pm 
Team Axis

Ferral wrote:
Bama, stereo pack 3 is supposed to be pro 485s on the tower, did they switch it to rev410s now? If so that would be awesome!

So I guess 2 channels bridged to each of the tower speakers from the syn4? Then i guess 2 channels bridged to the sub, how are the remaining 4 channels on the syn6 powering the 6 in boat speakers?

Sounds like the main reason for a ws420 is easier zone control?

To be completely honest I have no idea how it is all hooked up. This is something that I need to educate myself on and get a better understanding of how it is all wired up. Yes, they did put the 410's on the tower and I love them. Once I get a better understanding of it all I will post how it is all wired up. Have a contact at Wetsounds and once I get a volt/ohm meter I will call them back and let them help me walk thru it all. BTW, the guys at Wetsounds have been absolutley great in talking to me and helping me with my isseus. (so far)

2012 Axis A22

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:21 am 
Team Axis

Those 410's should pound. Second what Bama said. I've got rev10's and 410; The customer service is above and beyond expectations after sale. Just wish my dealer was more like this lol

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:30 pm 
Team Axis

Wow that's awesome. Hopefully I get lucky and get the 410s too. My luck they will find one last pair of 485s to send me :). Now I'm even more excited for the boat to come. Just about 3 weeks now.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:00 pm 
Team Axis

As it turns out, Axis has indeed used up their stock of Pro 485s, because my boat arrived with a pair of REV 410s instead! I do need to tune the system now, as its really not set up very well from the factory.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:40 pm 
Team Axis

Get an oscilloscope and a tone generator and you can get it perfect! That's what I ended up doing, use a 1khz frequency and adjust the deck and amps, makes it much more foolproof

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:36 pm 
Team Axis

Do you have any advice on how to do this Walter? Let's say with the o-scope and without, not sure I want to go that far and I'm new at this type of high end system.