It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Help with Axis Wake Tower Speakers !!!!
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2012 10:03 pm 
Team Axis

I have a pair of rev 10s on my A22. If you use just the tower speakers when somebody is wakeboarding, you won't blast the people in the boat at all and they sound really good! Hearing them at 80 ft isn't a problem either!

Post subject: Re: Help with Axis Wake Tower Speakers !!!!
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:38 am 

Thanks for the reply guys and those Rev 10's look fully sick!!!! I am still a little worried about the Revs as I am 6ft1 and my son is 6ft4 and I get the shits when I hit my head.
I am considering kicker 6500.2 which dont hang as low and from reviews still give out a good sound.
I had 2 x aerial polks on my Lewis tower and I was wrapped in them so kickers would be a huge upgrade.
Can anyone tell me what these speakers are like wether thier clear sound, ok for passengers and loud enough to hear while wakebording.
This is a family boat so "loud loud" music is not required, just medium and clear.

Another option is the roswell 7" horn loaded that is on the Nautique G23 but a little expensive being a new product.

thanks dazz

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 12:10 pm 
Team Axis

I wouldn't go the kicker route. They will be extremely loud to the passengers in sitting on back bench. They are all treble (some mid) when you crank them. You can hear them 65' back while riding, but 2 rev10's will easily outperform the kickers. The revs have a surprising amount of bass and they are crystal clear at any volume. Bottom line...you get what you pay for. For the price the kickers fill a market niche. I'm 5'10" and my head touches the bottom of the Rev's so you'll have to be careful!
I'd check some dealers around and have a listen for yourself. Wetsounds has come out with the icon series, but haven't heard them yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:42 pm 
Team Axis

I agree I wouldnt go the kicker route stick with Exiles, WetSounds, or I heard the new bullets are supposed to be nice. I have never heard them though.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:21 am 
Team Axis

not dogging on exile because I almost bought a pair, i'm sure when set up correctly they sound great but I went and listened to a pair of xm9's on a harpoon amp on a 2010 vlx and they sounded f#$%ing terrible, my original MTX would have blown them away, I'm sure he didn't have his amp adjusted right or had some other kind of stupid issue, they were popping and clipping and it's just not what i'd expect to hear in the parking lot of the dealer right before they were going to pull the boat inside to install 6 more xm9's on the tower, but after hearing that boat I went with the rev10 and syn4, they are damn near the same size, i'm 6'0 and now I have to pay attention, already whopped my head a few times.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 10:56 am 
Team Axis

Must have been a bad tune job on the boat you hear, the pair of Rev 10s I heard sounded horrid and thats what I chalked it up to. My XM9s rock no clipping and sound great while wake boarding. The Exiles are also a little smaller in diameter. Reguardless when tuned right Im sure both sound good.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 7:33 am 
Team Axis

Both companies speakers sound good. My only issue is with with the amps (specifically harpoon and 800.4) overheating down here in the Texas heat.
The amps sound good and throw a lot of power, but i have 2 buddies with these amps and both have heat problems. Amps get so hot you can't touch them. It's the AB class amp and hot port locker/temp combined with the harpoon running at 2ohm.
Up north I don't see any issues.