It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Wedge & Carpet
PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 2:55 pm 
Team Axis

otown. Yours may be calibrated, but I doubt it. Mine was reading 2 mph faster than actual speed until I calibrated it using a hand held gps device. It doesn't really matter if it is or isn't though, as long as you know what speed to set it at and your rope length, then its all good.

I have not met too many new boat owners that had their cruise controls calibrated perfectly from the factory... bummer cuz it only takes a couple minutes, you would think the factory would do that for you before shipping it out.

My set up. 335 motor, cinco prop, stock ballast, 750's in the rear completely full, 950 bow php full, 400 lead in the bow tips, 250 lead in the cab under the seats. no wedge.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:45 pm 
Team Axis

Johnnydefacto wrote:
My set up. 335 motor, cinco prop, stock ballast, 750's in the rear completely full, 950 bow php full, 400 lead in the bow tips, 250 lead in the cab under the seats. no wedge.

And is your wake still pretty rampy or do you get the nice lip with that setup? Sounds like I might want to add those leadwake bags to make planing easier, I'm just not wild about drilling in the fiberglass...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:53 pm 
Team Axis

It should only need to be calibrated once. I will check mine again to make sure I am still good.

As for my wake, it is still real rampy. If you like your wake with the wedge, you will not like my wake that much. The lip you get with the wedge cannot be mimicked unless you get a lot of weight in the back, but that will soften your lip and you may end up riding right through it. Thats the best part about a lot of bow weight, it hardens the wake and really gives a nice consistent pop. If you add some lead up front with your current set up, it will 1) plane easier and 2) make your current wake more firm and will boot you more :)

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:58 pm 
Team Axis

I forgot your on a A20. Just rode that wake last week, it was fun. I do not know what speed I was riding because I did not set up the boat, but I had to ride at 73' instead of 80' to keep in front of the whitewash. I have a feeling we were riding a bit slow. We did not have enough weight in the bow, but with stock ballast, 400's in the rears, 250 in the bow and 5 adults, the wake was really good. I was impressed with how nice it was with such little weight... I know it could handle a ton more.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:25 am 
Boater

Hey guys thanks for all the wicked info. And tips. I've only been in the boat twice now but loved it. Probably do some exta ballast new year.

A special thanks to John and Sherrill in Kamloops for hooking me up with a wiles carpet. Any advice on installing the snaps would be wicked. Thanks again

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:38 pm 
Team Axis

otown

here is that picture. You can see half of the original circular hole for bow access. I cut the left side out in order to slide a lead-wake bag in there (8 of them). I have a pop products bag left over and it would not fit unless i cut more. when the cushion is snapped back on, you can not tell at all. Also, use plastic to pry up one corner of that cushion, then it will pop off real easy and snap on as well. then 3 screws and the bottom triangle piece comes off.

Attachments:
bow lead.jpg
bow lead.jpg [ 116.55 KiB | Viewed 17009 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:18 am 
Team Axis

Johnnydefacto wrote:
otown

here is that picture. You can see half of the original circular hole for bow access. I cut the left side out in order to slide a lead-wake bag in there (8 of them). I have a pop products bag left over and it would not fit unless i cut more. when the cushion is snapped back on, you can not tell at all. Also, use plastic to pry up one corner of that cushion, then it will pop off real easy and snap on as well. then 3 screws and the bottom triangle piece comes off.

Awesome thanks! I will definitely try to get this done...