It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A22 speakers in parallel or series
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2020 4:57 am 

I'm upgrading the stock sound on my 2016 a22. The wires are already run for the towers but I only see purple and purple /black. Similar, to the four rear speakers I only see one set of wires. Are the stock rear and tower speakers wired in parallel or series? Or am I missing something.

Thanks

Post subject: Re: A22 speakers in parallel or series
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:15 pm 

Not exactly sure about how the 2016 boats work but... on our 2012 A22 the tower speakers are wired directly to an amplifier to two different channels, just a positive/negative for each speaker. We have two Wetsounds REV8 speakers and 1 Rockford PUNCH 4x400w amp. Our interior speakers are run directly to the radio filling all 4 channels in the same way as the towers. We are adding two more bow speakers to the other channels on the rockford amp, and another amp + subwoofer soon.

We considered running our bow speakers directly to the radio and wiring the rear speakers in parallel, but just running to the two different channels on the amplifier is way easier.

Post subject: Re: A22 speakers in parallel or series
PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 7:10 am 
Team Axis

My 2010 four tower and the four rear cabin speakers are all 4ohm speakers wired in PARALLEL from the factory.
This presents a 2ohm load to the amps. Only my two bow speakers were on their own cannels, so they are 4ohm loads.

FYI: the stock MTX cabin speakers are 50w RMS and the tower MTX are beefier 75w RMS. I am in the process of replacing them with rockfords since they are one of the very few 6.5" speakers big enough to fill the holes left by the above average sized 6.5" MTX speakers.