It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: 2014 Axis A20 Wedge problem?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:54 am 

Hey guys,

Just bought my first wakeboarding boat. I am familiar with boats just upgraded to a true wake boat.

Anyway I have taken the boat out a few times now and i notice that my wedge doesn't clip in when you drop it. I release the 2 pins to drop it and the wedge drops down but it doesn't clip in when it gets to the bottom. There are 2 bolts that stop the pins from getting to the holes where the pins would go. These bolts don't look like they do anything but stop the wedge from clipping in. Is this how its suppose to be? It just doesn't make sense to me because when I'm driving with the wedge not clipped wouldn't it just slide back up?

Thanks for the help!!

Post subject: Re: 2014 Axis A20 Wedge problem?
PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 2:42 pm 
Team Axis

Congrats on the new boat. We just got rid of our A20 for an A24. Pound for pound the A20 is the best in the 20 foot line in my opinion. Our A20 loved bow weight just as an fyi.

This is the way that it's supposed to be with the wedge. It's a "floating" wedge. We would just drop ours an go. I am no engineer but the angle of the wedge while under way in gear holds the wedge in the full down position was my understanding. With it simulating a thousand pounds, or whatever it is listed at, there is no way that wedge is moving from the full down position while at surf or wake speeds. Unless you hit something but even then its going to crush your prop first.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 3:26 pm 
Team Axis

jyamaharider wrote:
Hey guys,

Just bought my first wakeboarding boat. I am familiar with boats just upgraded to a true wake boat.

Anyway I have taken the boat out a few times now and i notice that my wedge doesn't clip in when you drop it. I release the 2 pins to drop it and the wedge drops down but it doesn't clip in when it gets to the bottom. There are 2 bolts that stop the pins from getting to the holes where the pins would go. These bolts don't look like they do anything but stop the wedge from clipping in. Is this how its suppose to be? It just doesn't make sense to me because when I'm driving with the wedge not clipped wouldn't it just slide back up?

Thanks for the help!!
It's not a problem, it's how it was designed "Auto set wedge"

https://youtu.be/cNImFr1tn2Y

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2019 1:20 pm 

Awesome! Thanks for the info guys. Its greatly appreciated!