It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:29 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: On boat storing of surf boards
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:45 am 
Team Axis

How do you all store your surf boards on the boat? I finally got some nice surf boards and didn't want to see them damaged.

We have Axis wakeboard and surf racks with the bungee. Do you all put your nice surf boards in these? I haven't tried yet. Is the Z5 bimini that way to go?

I saw the Roswell Triton racks that looked pretty nice but pretty expensive and I don't even know if the fit an Axis tower.

Curious what you all do with you surf boards

Post subject: Re: On boat storing of surf boards
PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 3:19 pm 
Team Axis

I always kept my Doomswell and Brigade on my Z5. I keep the Ronix,LF,HL and Victoria in the Racks. Now that I don’t have the Z5 on my Malibu I will use the Bimini straps. If you’re Axis doesn’t have the surf Bimini it would be much cheaper to get one vs. buying the Z5 they don’t give those things away easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 4:40 pm 
Team Axis

I purposely ordered my boat without the flip seats so my surfboards will fit under the long seat behind the driver. I can do 3 surf style boards or 2 surf style AND 2 skim style under that one seat. My boards are kept in board socks to protect them. I have a Z5 but don't put my custom boards on it because I live in Texas and the heat and sun will destroy custom boards after some time. I wouldn't put surfboards in racks but that's just me. I see plenty of boards in racks though.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:20 am 
Team Axis

AJWest wrote:
I purposely ordered my boat without the flip seats so my surfboards will fit under the long seat behind the driver. I can do 3 surf style boards or 2 surf style AND 2 skim style under that one seat. My boards are kept in board socks to protect them. I have a Z5 but don't put my custom boards on it because I live in Texas and the heat and sun will destroy custom boards after some time. I wouldn't put surfboards in racks but that's just me. I see plenty of boards in racks though.

Are those the Soulcraft board socks? Do you like those?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:36 pm 
Team Axis

JohnnyBravo wrote:
AJWest wrote:

Are those the Soulcraft board socks? Do you like those?

Chaos board socks
http://chaossurfco.com/board-bags-racks ... oard-socks

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:55 am 
Team Axis

Lost one off the stock Bimini two years ago...nose forward and strapped in tight. I carry my Swallow V2 in the rack

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:57 pm 
Team Axis

Board socks and the truck cargo net under bimini from autozone $20

https://www.facebook.com/david.posey.75 ... 1125612348
Only the cheaper molded wakeboard style construction boards like the HL broadcast should be put in racks , those bungies alone will mark a good board much less the bouncing across wakes the racks can hurt them , I keep my happy pill in the surf only forks but it’s pretty trashed already but I don’t use the rack bungee , I use a plastic two hook long one from home depot

I did this and got lead to replace on cushion sacs snd it’s like I have a 23 foot boat instead of a 20, not really but the sacs and boards killed the room even for just 2 people in a 20 footer with a big pickle fork bow therefore a smaller cabin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:08 pm 
Team Axis

christoofar wrote:
Lost one off the stock Bimini two years ago...nose forward and strapped in tight. I carry my Swallow V2 in the rack

I put mine in nose to the rear with the fins sticking up and the strap behind the fins so the wind can't push the boards out towards the back