It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Kicker tower speaker clamps?
PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:54 pm 

Hi

I just picked up a new-to-me 2013 Axis A20 and wanted to be ready for spring to put some cheapish tower speakers on for surfing (nothing HLCD to annoy my neighbors.) I ended up picking up a good deal on a kicker KMT67 set and an amp but i just realized the tower bar is 3" and the kicker mounts only go up to 2.5". Piecing it together with a longer screw and a gap on the mount is going to look pretty crappy... I haven't found any replacements that will definitely work -- one may work but was $50 each clamp (4 clamps) which is almost what I paid for the speakers..

Any suggestions on a workaround for this? Or do I just return them and start over?

Edit: swear i searched and didnt find anything but i see this is a common question -- most of the answers are buy wet sounds or exile as they come with 3" clamps. Any other ideas would be great!

Edit2: Spoke with Kicker and they dont make larger clamps and none of the third party ones I can find will fit - so it has to be returned unfortunately. They do have a few new ranges of coaxial and HLCD speakers coming out soon which support bars up to 3.5" - http://www.kicker.com/kmtc-series

Post subject: Re: Kicker tower speaker clamps?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:57 pm 
Team Axis

What was the one you found that may work? I might spring for that?

Post subject: Re: Kicker tower speaker clamps?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:36 pm 

80AMT23 wrote:
What was the one you found that may work? I might spring for that?

For the clamp? Upon review, none would work without somewhat major mods to the kicker enclosures since the mount was sunk and would cost quite a bit for the mounts since there were 4. It would have been a pain and look awful. If anyone just wants enclosures the best option I could find was https://www.bulletlines.com/Wakeboard-T ... -p/206.htm (also in black) with their larger clamp options.

All the new kicker models that are coming out for 2018 work up to 3.5" bars -- link: http://www.kicker.com/kmtc-series

But they are new - none are available yet.

I will likely pick up a set of WS icon 8's instead.