It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Factory Ballast System - How it works?
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 12:04 am 

I am a new owner of an Axis A22 2017 model. The boat is amazing but we are still trying to figure out exactly how the ballast system buttons work. In the manual it says press once you get full ballast/ press twice you get half and press a third time you empty. The issue is that if you press once they full and overfloat continously. Then we press two more times and it stops overfloating. When we want to empty the tank we press three times and nothing happens. So we press twice to half tank configuration and it takes out water. I am not sure if it takes out all the water this way. Any assistance would be much appreciated !!!!

Post subject: Re: Factory Ballast System - How it works?
PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 am 
Team Axis

Limassol wrote:
I am a new owner of an Axis A22 2017 model. The boat is amazing but we are still trying to figure out exactly how the ballast system buttons work. In the manual it says press once you get full ballast/ press twice you get half and press a third time you empty. The issue is that if you press once they full and overfloat continously. Then we press two more times and it stops overfloating. When we want to empty the tank we press three times and nothing happens. So we press twice to half tank configuration and it takes out water. I am not sure if it takes out all the water this way. Any assistance would be much appreciated !!!!

I don't believe there is a half fill option. I was out on a 2017 A24 and we hit the button once to fill, after everything was full we hit the button again but that actually started the drain pumps so we hit it again and it shut them off. Did you guys do a full demo with the dealer on a lake test?

Sequence to fill:
Click once to fill-click twice to stop.

Sequence to drain:
Click twice to drain-click once to stop.

I love the toggle switches on my 16, up to fill-down to drain [emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 11:16 am 

Thank you for your reply. I need however somebody that actually owns an A22 2017 to tell me exactly what to do. I mentioned above what it says in the manual. Press once left led lights and you get full tank. Press twice right led lights and you get half tank and press three times empty. Nevertheless, it behaves as you describe so we might have a manufacturer error. Can somebody from the company let us know?

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2017 4:05 pm 
Team Axis

Limassol wrote:
Thank you for your reply. I need however somebody that actually owns an A22 2017 to tell me exactly what to do. I mentioned above what it says in the manual. Press once left led lights and you get full tank. Press twice right led lights and you get half tank and press three times empty. Nevertheless, it behaves as you describe so we might have a manufacturer error. Can somebody from the company let us know?

Ok, let me explain better. I am part of the boulderboats AZ team over here which sales Axis and Malibu boats, myself and 2 demo captains took out a 2017 A24, we have sold a shiz ton of 17 Axis boats. Sometimes Malibu literature gets mixed in with Axis literature and confuses people. Malibu boats work the way you are explaining, Axis boats do not, there are no timers or sensors in these tanks or on the pumps. The sequence I explained to you is the way the 2017 Axis ballast system works. You can always call or email Malibu/Axis and get confirmation. Hope this clears things up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT