It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Newbie T22 ballast question
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 2:14 am 

So I got the fly high 1100 pound bags and trying to hook it up. I see everyone saying the top hose is tucked up by the valve but mine doesn't have a valve. Is it the hose that's connected to the port in the hull of the boat by the vent ports?

Post subject: Re: Newbie T22 ballast question
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 5:41 pm 
Team Axis

GuahanWake wrote:
So I got the fly high 1100 pound bags and trying to hook it up. I see everyone saying the top hose is tucked up by the valve but mine doesn't have a valve. Is it the hose that's connected to the port in the hull of the boat by the vent ports?

What year boat is it?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:20 am 

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:54 am 
Team Axis

They stopped using the valve in 2016, 15 was the last year. Are you trying to figure out how to hook them up to the plug and play lines or trying to figure out how to vent the bag?

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:45 am 

I'm trying to figure out how to connect the plug and play one for the top. I see the bag as it's own vent but I don't see a hose that's supposed to connect to the top port on the bag.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:26 am 
Team Axis

There wasn't a vent hose on my 16, just the two hoses for the bottom ports.

You need to either vent manually or install your own vent hose.

1100s are going to be way too much weight for a T22 unless you are going to run a whole lot of supplemental ballast in the bow (i.e. way more than the under-seat plug and play bag).

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 4:41 pm 
Team Axis

GuahanWake wrote:
I'm trying to figure out how to connect the plug and play one for the top. I see the bag as it's own vent but I don't see a hose that's supposed to connect to the top port on the bag.

Unless you ordered the boat with the auto vent option it does not come with it. All they do is take 3/4 line and T it into the 3/4 overflow off the hard tank. If you want specific details on what you would need and how to do it let me know. There are a couple options.

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:56 pm 
Team Axis

steveA20 wrote:
GuahanWake wrote:

Unless you ordered the boat with the auto vent option it does not come with it. All they do is take 3/4 line and T it into the 3/4 overflow off the hard tank. If you want specific details on what you would need and how to do it let me know. There are a couple options.

I would like to know how to hook up the plug and play. I bought 1100's fly high sacs in anticipation before taking delivery. I thought it would be a simple plug in. But after seeing just two hoses at the bottom of of the lockers and no fill or vent line fittings. I'm not sure exactly what to do or what adapters I need. I get T'ing in the vent line. Is there something I am missing or am I not looking hard enough for the fill line? I wouldn't think the 2 plug and play hoses would be a fill and drain, I would think both drains since it works off of gravity.

My sacs have 2 top ports and 1 bottom. I think the bottom should connect to the line at the back but correct me if I'm wrong and the fill line should go in the rear at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:32 am 
Team Axis

JohnnyK wrote:
steveA20 wrote:
GuahanWake wrote:

I would like to know how to hook up the plug and play. I bought 1100's fly high sacs in anticipation before taking delivery. I thought it would be a simple plug in. But after seeing just two hoses at the bottom of of the lockers and no fill or vent line fittings. I'm not sure exactly what to do or what adapters I need. I get T'ing in the vent line. Is there something I am missing or am I not looking hard enough for the fill line? I wouldn't think the 2 plug and play hoses would be a fill and drain, I would think both drains since it works off of gravity.

My sacs have 2 top ports and 1 bottom. I think the bottom should connect to the line at the back but correct me if I'm wrong and the fill line should go in the rear at the top.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Give me a call later today and I can explain it.
Steve 4806785473

2016 AXIS A20....SOLD
2018 AXIS T22....CURRENT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:03 am 
Team Axis

JohnnyK wrote:

I think you bought the wrong bags man, Axis plug and play really needs a front and rear bottom port, for fill and drain, the top port would be for a vent line. I got my dealer to install a vent line and port on both sides as part of our deal when buying the boat.

Can you still return those bags? They used to make Malibu/Axis specific fly high bags with those ports but WakeMakers looks to be out of them. I'd get the WakeMakers brand bags that are custom for our lockers or the Sumo brand which I'm pretty sure have the double bottom ports.