It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New Toy - Stereo Help
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:18 pm 

Tomorrow my wife and I are going to demo and do a final walk through on a 2017 T23 that we have been eyeballing.

My one big concern is with the stereo and my fear that I may be a bit underwhelmed on the factory SP2. My current (older) Malibu has 2 pair of Wetsound XS650s, one pair of Rev10s, and a XS12 sub all being ran by 2 Syn series amps. I loved the sound of that boat and hope to atleast equal it, to meet our current boating/listening style.

We surf 50% of time, cruise 30%, and swim around boat 20% of time.

I'm interested in moving to the Icons but am concerned about Mid bass and the interior lesser WS 65i's overall sound. My dealer recommend sealing the factory 10 FA Sub which should help but still have concerns about the factory amps pushing the bare minimum of RMS.

Thoughts or feedback on what to expect?

Long term plans will prob include switching to 650s, 12inch sub, switching or adding amp.

Post subject: Re: New Toy - Stereo Help
PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:36 pm 

The 65i's when powered with 100 watts each sound very nice. Enclosing the xs10 will improve in boat sound but if your use to the XS12 with 600 watts, you won't be happy most likely. For the tower, nothing beats a pair of Rev10's properly powered and tuned. With that said, the icons throw a clean distributed sound for what they are. That's all in your personal preference though on what you want. I have a feeling you will upgrade the towers and sub at least.