It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: pull hard tanks and go bigger?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:43 pm 
Team Axis

I used to run tanks plus 750's now I just run 1100s and it's a lot more weight and more storage room

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:52 pm 
Team Axis

dustinjean wrote:
I used to run tanks plus 750's now I just run 1100s and it's a lot more weight and more storage room

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks Dustin. Not sure my A22 has as much room as your A24 and can handle 1100. I may go with the new sumo 850

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:50 am 
Team Axis

Well, I did it. i removed the tanks last night and wondered why I waited so long. It literally only took a couple of hours. No issues at all and it was easy especially with Walters tip on the 2x4. The tanks are now in the garbage. Nothing wrong with them, just didn't want to store them in my house because Im pretty sure they will never make their way back into the boat

Im not sure if Im getting my bags totally full though. This maybe due to a false exceptions on how hard the bags should feel. My vent line is right there so I may try to use the anti siphon adapter to see if that allows me to fill the bags more before they start to overflow.

The space gained is great! I will probably get some Lead Wake bags to throw on the floor to compensate for potential weight lost from removing the tanks. These however should not eliminate the space gained.

I have the stock Piranha 800 with 3/4 hose. Fill time is about 12min. Im considering upgrading the fill pumps only to the 1100 to see if that helps. First I need to look and see how hard it would be to replace the 3/4 hose with 1 1/8.

At any rate, thank you to all on here that did this first!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:02 am 
Team Axis

GODUCKS! wrote:
Well, I did it. i removed the tanks last night and wondered why I waited so long. It literally only took a couple of hours. No issues at all and it was easy especially with Walters tip on the 2x4. The tanks are now in the garbage. Nothing wrong with them, just didn't want to store them in my house because Im pretty sure they will never make their way back into the boat

Im not sure if Im getting my bags totally full though. This maybe due to a false exceptions on how hard the bags should feel. My vent line is right there so I may try to use the anti siphon adapter to see if that allows me to fill the bags more before they start to overflow.

The space gained is great! I will probably get some Lead Wake bags to throw on the floor to compensate for potential weight lost from removing the tanks. These however should not eliminate the space gained.

I have the stock Piranha 800 with 3/4 hose. Fill time is about 12min. Im considering upgrading the fill pumps only to the 1100 to see if that helps. First I need to look and see how hard it would be to replace the 3/4 hose with 1 1/8.

At any rate, thank you to all on here that did this first!

It's not that hard to upgrade the fill hose and pump. The pumps are next the V-Drive. To get easy access to everything, just remove the carpeted panel in the compartment. There's 2 black screws on top and one screw on the bottom, then you get easy access to route all hoses.

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 4:11 pm 

well just added wakemakers PNP system on top of the hard tanks sunday. Looks like I will be going back in and removing the hard tanks to gain a little extra storage LOL...

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2019 8:15 pm 
Team Axis

ImageImageImageImage

If you have any foam padding like they use in home gyms it wouldn’t hurt to put some down at this time

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2019 6:36 am 

Dustinjean! Did you ever take pics of your 1100s full? I am just about to pull the trigger on replacing my rear pnp 750 bags as both of them have ports that leak and its just a matter of time before a full blowout happens. I am going to do the tank yank at the same time. Wondering if i can fit an 1100 and still get my mission boat surfgates to fit under the hatches like i do now. Im also wondering if im going to be able to get up on plane with the 1100s haha.. does anyone have a 2013 ls3 motor??? Or a source on getting a engine swap?

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 2:47 pm 

How are everyone's holding up? I'm debating between the sumo max 1000 (50x22x22) that replaced the 900 many have used and the Wakemakers 45"Lx20"wx25"h (910 lbs). Currently have the hard tanks with sumo max 650s on them.

This being for a 13' A22.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:11 pm 

Theloungelife wrote:
How are everyone's holding up? I'm debating between the sumo max 1000 (50x22x22) that replaced the 900 many have used and the Wakemakers 45"Lx20"wx25"h (910 lbs). Currently have the hard tanks with sumo max 650s on them.

This being for a 13' A22.
I tried getting a hold of someone on here who went with 1100s instead of the 900s.. i want to see how much room a guy still has once they are full.. i have the same as you(2013 a22) if you pull the trigger can you take pics of your bags full in there? I am limping my leaking 750s on top of the hard tanks thru this summer then will tackle pulling tanks this winter i think.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:36 pm 

Hey guys! Im bringing this back from the dead.. its time to start working on our boats to get ready for boat season! Can quarenteen myself on my boat with my family i figure! I hope all of you guys are staying safe out there!

Does anyone have any pictures of an 1100 lb back with the hard tanks removed? With the bag full that is? I really want to pull the trigger on the sumo 1100 lb bag but need to make sure it still has some storage room on top for my mission surfgate panel. I have the orignal big fiberglass non folding panels. I have a 2013 a22 so if anyone can please help a guy out.. thanks and stay safe guys!

Sent from my SM-G970W using Tapatalk

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next