It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 2:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Acme 2079 prop
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:03 am 
Team Axis

I'll be by my boat today with a tape measure. I am installing a Clarion 7 band EQ. I'm pretty sure mine was about an inch to inch and an eighth.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:44 pm 
Team Axis

Got out with the new 2079 prop today. First, I suck...had grand plans on doing all kinds of tests to compare it to my old prop. I got so pumped when I got out there that we just loaded up the boat and rode all day! LOL

I did put a tape measure to it and clearance between the prop and the hull was just a bit less than 1". I'll put a pic up tomorrow. I had called ACME directly and they had strongly suggested at least 1" of clearance.

Hands down, performance of the 2079 blew me away. I ran 3250lbs plus wedge (sort of) before on my A20. If I had more than 2 people in the boat and 1 riding, then we couldn't use the wedge. More than 4 in the boat and I'd have to dump some rear ballast when rider fell then add back after we got him up. No matter the set up, getting up to wake speeds was really slow bogging along at full throttle. Today with the 2079 boat lept out of the water with the above weighting and wedge without issue (had 3 in boat and 1 rider). I'd really hated how nose heavy I had it set up so we could get up (440 in nose plus arrow sac...on the A20, made it a submarine coming off throttle too quick or any rollers), so I took 160 out of the nose and put 80 more in rear and 80 more mid-ship. Boat performed exactly the same. Wake was beyond amazing.

I will go back and do some actual technical testing this weekend. I know the RPMs were higher than my cinco (maybe 400 or so at wake speed?), but it honestly wasn't very noticeable or too noisy. Gas may have actually improved since we weren't bogging the boat down so much. Oh, and top speed was right around 40mph.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:58 am 
Team Axis

Mine is right at 3/4" of clearance. Here's a pic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6