It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: rear plug n play question
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:59 am 
Axis Owner

How do you all have your rear bags hooked up? I am having trouble keeping them filled and I assume I have the hoses hooked up wrong. Any help would be appreciated.

Post subject: Re: rear plug n play question
PostPosted: Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:40 am 
Team Axis

The hose closer to the rear of the boat goes on the top plug that is closest to the front of the bag. The hose that is farther forward goes on the front of the bag. We had some issues with ours not draining last summer and it was due to the hoses being too long. Maybe you are having the opposite problem and your hoses are too short?

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 8:42 pm 
Team Axis

the way I hooked up mine was to take the original hose going from the tank to the two anti-siphon valves off of the valve and hook it to the front lowest port on the bag, then take the loop between the two valves and hook it to the top of the bag, easy as that...but the bag may drain slow because it has to first drain into the tank before it can be pumped out of the boat.

easiest way to tell someone how to hook it up is to start at the inlet pump next to your transmission, go from there to an anti-siphon valve above your engine bolted to the seat back, go from there to the top of the bag, go from the front lower port on the bag to the tank, done..... I tried hooking them up a few different ways but the pumps are designed only to move volume not pressure so they will not work very well unless they fill from the top first and let the vent hose do the rest of the work, once they are full just burp out the air in the bag with the plug in the top of the bag

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:54 pm 
Axis Owner

Walter wrote:
the way I hooked up mine was to take the original hose going from the tank to the two anti-siphon valves off of the valve and hook it to the front lowest port on the bag, then take the loop between the two valves and hook it to the top of the bag, easy as that...but the bag may drain slow because it has to first drain into the tank before it can be pumped out of the boat.

I think this is where I made my mistake. I hooked mine up using the inside hoses so there isn't an anti-siphon valve in the line thus not staying filled. I'll try this and see. thanks

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 9:58 pm 
Team Axis

I have the fill going into the tanks first - then overflow into the bags. It drains far better then it did with the bags filling first. I put a ball valve on the drain hose because the drain pump check valve could not handle the pressure for this set up.

PostPosted: Tue May 03, 2011 10:56 pm 
Team Axis

I tried it that way but I couldn't get the bag to fill up all the way, pump ran out of muscle after the bag was about half full, the water pressure was just too much for it. Just be sure to keep the hose between the tank and bag as short and low as possible or the bag will be a pain to get drained all out, I usually have to remove the bag when it gets close to being empty to get out the last 5 gallons or so

PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 10:41 am 
Team Axis

I can have gear, food etc on top of the locker bags and they will fill completely with the ball valves on the drain lines. I got tired of messing around with manually draining the bags... they never drained completely. I know a few times before I rerouted the hoses, my tanks did not fill but the bags did.

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:58 am 
Team Axis

I have this suspicion about the rear tanks not filling - Ill try rerouting...

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 10:23 pm 
Team Axis

Hey morrisdl I just finished up a full writeup on the pnp install in the general discussion forum, check it out and let me know what you think.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:59 pm 

elc wrote:
I have the fill going into the tanks first - then overflow into the bags. It drains far better then it did with the bags filling first. I put a ball valve on the drain hose because the drain pump check valve could not handle the pressure for this set up.

That sounds pretty interesting, the bags do tend to drain slow being gravity fed. I put a ball valve on the bags as well as I will fill the 750 then take the 750 out of the side not being used and throw that on top of the surf side bag. The ball valve keeps stuff from draining. Also have a Tsunami 850 pump to help in draining and filling.

So run the line from the pump to the tank, then from the tank to the sack? If you fill the sack from the top then the water pressure wouldn't be a problem.

Till you tried to drain the stupid thing, WTH was I thinking. :|