It is currently Mon Jun 03, 2024 3:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Acme 2079 prop
PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 9:36 pm 
Team Axis

I hate rollers....lol! Yes- I did another search and found where someone used a plastic putty knife to lift it off. Thank you!

SteeleAxis wrote:
nastya20 wrote:
SteeleAxis - How did you access the triangles up front? I've heard you remove the little cushion in front of center fork but to remove does it just pop off?

Haha, funny (not really) story actually! I was able to access it just fine when I came around a corner in to some massive rollers caused by a yacht blazing by way too fast...no room or time to do anything, hit the first roller before could slow enough and that 650lb sac I was talking about went airborne and came down on that cushion snapping it off. LOL

Yes, normally it just pops off...there are 5 or so little pop-ins that hold it in place. There's another thread on here where someone talks about it...the hole isn't quite big enough to get the bags through, so you have to either widen it or pull them up from under where the bow sac is then shift them right and left.

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 11:01 am 
Team Axis

yep, 3 screws on the triangle cushion, then you just pop the bottom cushion off with your hand in the hole. It has 5 snap connectors, easy on easy off. I had to cut the hole bigger to get my lead bags in there, but there is a ton of room up in the pickles once you get the lead bags through the hole. I tried to get them in from under the bow cushions, where the front pnp sack goes, but there is not enough space to squeeze the bags into the pickles from the bow. I have apicture of what I did if you want to see it.

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:11 pm 
Team Axis

Any more updates on testing? I just took another read through this thread (and every other thread on the 2079) and am still undecided. I've seen some pretty big variances on top speed, RPMs and other info. Of course there are a lot of variable affecting the tests, but the differences are huge. Really looking for some more concrete testing which will answer the following:

- Actual GPS top speed (and RPMs) at or near sea level
- RPMs at wakeboarding speed (21 - 24 mph)
- Gas savings??? Have seen this mentioned...would love some longer-term tests. Is savings coming from the quicker plane times and not bogging the motor down?
- Plane times and/or ease of planing.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 6:09 am 
Team Axis

I can't speak to the 2079 but I just switched to the 2315 from the 1235 and the difference was huge. Top speed dropped from low 40s to high 30s but I can still run 34 without overworking the motor. My revs went up a bit when unweighted but actually stayed the same despite running more weight while wake boarding. My guess is that the 1235 was slipping quite a bit. I would say fuel usage is about the same weighted although I am running more weight but unweighted I am burning more. As far as weight I can now fully top off my 1100s in the rear compartments with wedge plug and play and the triangle sack in the nose. The wake really is amazing. I actually ran the wedge up tho and a small sack in the floor and the wake seemed bigger and burned less fuel may do that next time too. Oh I have the 335 on a 2012 a22 without cats

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:45 am 
Team Axis

I just switched to the 2315 over the Cinco and I'm impressed. Previously I couldn't run everything full (2x750s in rear and mushroom Axis pnp in front) without shifting some people to the bow to plane. The 2315 launches like a train and the wake is so nice the girlfriend gets downright scared when crossing it.
Lost a few mph top end and at 21-22mph weighted it was a few 100 rpm's over where the Cinco was. Maybe 3400 vs 3100rpm.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:29 pm 
Team Axis

Welcome to the dark side Nasty!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:36 pm 
Team Axis

nastya20 wrote:
I just switched to the 2315 over the Cinco and I'm impressed. Previously I couldn't run everything full (2x750s in rear and mushroom Axis pnp in front) without shifting some people to the bow to plane. The 2315 launches like a train and the wake is so nice the girlfriend gets downright scared when crossing it.

How much clearance are you ending up with between the hull and prop?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:24 pm 
Team Axis

If i remember- it was at least an inch. I have to run back to clean up the boat this week so i'll check and take a pic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:07 pm 
Team Axis

nastya20 wrote:
If i remember- it was at least an inch. I have to run back to clean up the boat this week so i'll check and take a pic

DOH - from what I had seen a couple people said around half an inch which felt too close to me so went 2079.

So...just pulled the trigger on the 2079. I have the cinco on the boat now...will try and get it out one more time before changing the prop so I can do back to back tests with both. If not, will at least do any testing folks want once I get the 2079 on.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:06 pm 
Team Axis

SteeleAxis wrote:
nastya20 wrote:

DOH - from what I had seen a couple people said around half an inch which felt too close to me so went 2079.

So...just pulled the trigger on the 2079. I have the cinco on the boat now...will try and get it out one more time before changing the prop so I can do back to back tests with both. If not, will at least do any testing folks want once I get the 2079 on.

Yea- don't quote me on that...I'll run by Wednesday with a tape measure to take some pics.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next