It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Looking at 2013 A22, options and suggestions appreciated
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:21 pm 

Cajun,

I'm in the same situation as you. An A22 is one of the boats that I want to look at to buy this winter, and I have been told on multiple occasions to not buy from Bayou Outdoor Supercenter. I have been told to look at dealers in Dallas, Houston, and Austin. I still have a question though. I have heard about dealer "regions". How strict are the Texas dealers about buying from them if I live in Shreveport, LA. Also, would I get taxed by TX and LA?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:29 pm 
Team Axis

To save money I would definitely do away with the Stereo 3 package. I have it and absolutely love it but if you dont care that much about listening to music then do away with it and install an after market system.
I would also do away with the dock lights and Ski Pylon. Keep the pylon if you want to ski but if you are like us and only wakeboard then do away with it.

I like my flip up bolster seat and my wife loves it as she is only 4'11". I would also add the Chillax Center Flip up. Would do away with the deck trac also. Just my humble opinion. Good Luck and welcome to the Axis Family.

2012 Axis A22

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:34 pm 

Al,
I have heard the same thing about the dealer regions. I haven't looked to buy out of state yet so I honestly couldn't tell you what the restrictions are. I also heard when you buy out of state, let's say you get it from Texas, well you have to pay sales tax there and when you register your boat back in your home state you have to pay taxes again on it. Now I don't know how true it is cause I have never bought anything like that out state. But if any members could shed some light on either topic it would e greatly appreciated.

And BAMA thanks for your input. I was told the 2013 comes standard with 4 Alpha Z tower speakers if I understood the salesman correctly. And I looked at getting the stage 2 system or whatever you wanna call it. I got plenty of time to compare and really think about what I want so I'm taking everyone's suggestions into consideration. Like installing things aftermarket and all.

Again thank you all for your input and insight. It's greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:16 pm 
Team Axis

I agree with bama.. do a stereo install yourself the way you want it, saves money. No ski pylon, no docking lights, save money by getting standard trailer. I disagree with the deck track, it is a must for safety reasons, but you could do it cheaper yourself and should be pretty good. I didnt get the bolster seat and am glad i didnt', but go sit in one and check it out for yourself. Good luck and I am jealous of your ballast hose size and pumps in your future 2013...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 10:08 pm 
Team Axis

Here's the bow of a 2013 at my local dealer. How do you add a speaker up here? You're gonna have to cut your vinyl and sew it back up aren't you?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:58 am 
Team Axis

You only pay sales tax in the state where the boat is registered. You may have to pay a nominal local tax, depending on the county/parish that you purchase the boat in.

You have to cut "X"s into the vinyl where the speakers go. Not a big deal. I've done it, and watched the guys at the factory do it. Just get a box cutter, start at the middle of the area where the speaker goes, cut a big enough "X" for the speaker to fit into. The hardest part is putting your arm up in the hole and pulling the speaker wires down from where they are zip tied up.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:15 am 

Thanks for clearing that up Chattawake. I appreciate it

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:44 pm 

I just want to double check. So what you are saying Chat is that when I buy a boat from the dealer in TX for $60,000. The dealer will collect the money for the boat($60,000), but not the tax. Then when I register it in LA, that is when the sales tax is collected?

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:41 pm 
Team Axis

alw041 wrote:
I just want to double check. So what you are saying Chat is that when I buy a boat from the dealer in TX for $60,000. The dealer will collect the money for the boat($60,000), but not the tax. Then when I register it in LA, that is when the sales tax is collected?

That is correct for IL as well. We also have to file sales tax on the trailer seperate. Learned the hard way on that one. Still waiting on the state to reimburse my $135 in overpayments.