It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Axis wake research may want to do more research
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:17 am 

I recently learned that my boat is taking on water in the rear vents causing water to sit in the blower hose and getting to the fan. My blower makes a very annoying sound when turned on. This mainly happens when weighted for surfing. I guess Axis didn't think people were going to be using their boat for this purpose. Very poor design in my opinion.

Post subject: Re: Axis wake research may want to do more research
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:04 pm 
Team Axis

Sorry to hear that. Hasn't happened to me, but I might put a small slit at the lowest point in the hose as a preventive measure.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:06 pm 
Team Axis

Good lord...how much weight/people are you using to list the boat so far as to water being a factor in your vents which are above the rubrail? When surfing I run the 250 tank, 750lb sac in rear corner, 250lbs of lead under the 750lb sac (which makes 1250lbs in just that corner), a 400lb sac along the surfside seat, and front PnP full seat, and extra 400lb sac on top of the bow towards the surfside and I've never had an issue with water even getting close to the vent and my rubrail is still above water level. Also, what boat do you have the A20 or A22?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:41 am 

AJWest wrote:
Good lord...how much weight/people are you using to list the boat so far as to water being a factor in your vents which are above the rubrail? When surfing I run the 250 tank, 750lb sac in rear corner, 250lbs of lead under the 750lb sac (which makes 1250lbs in just that corner), a 400lb sac along the surfside seat, and front PnP full seat, and extra 400lb sac on top of the bow towards the surfside and I've never had an issue with water even getting close to the vent and my rubrail is still above water level. Also, what boat do you have the A20 or A22?

I run the same setup as you minus the 250 lead weight. I'm nowhere close to the water when surfing or sitting in calm water. It is when we get hit by rollers from other boats. It's worse on amatur day when people don't respect the distance law and drive by within 25-50 feet.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 5:15 am 
Team Axis

Luper wrote:
AJWest wrote:

I run the same setup as you minus the 250 lead weight. I'm nowhere close to the water when surfing or sitting in calm water. It is when we get hit by rollers from other boats. It's worse on amatur day when people don't respect the distance law and drive by within 25-50 feet.

You really think that is the boat's fault? Is it the boat's fault when you take water over the bow, too? I manage to avoid those kinds of problems by positioning the boat to avoid it. It isn't like turning the boat will screw up the surfer more than having a 3 foot wave hit him/her from the side.