It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Spare prop blows...
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:04 pm 
Team Axis

I will do some tome runs. I can tell you the 1235 gets going notably faster and tops out @ 43 44 with no ballast, and the 537 stuggles to get going when weighted and tops out at 48 49 with no ballast. (never calibrated my Speedo so speeds are relative)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 9:34 am 
Team Axis

I can tell you from experience there is no comparison on the OJ core and the 1235. !235 beats it hands down out of the hole. I could'nt get but 38mph out of it top end but that does'nt matter to me. OJ core was very weak if you had all tanks (hard tanks) and wedge down, it would struggle BIG TIME.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 6:41 am 
Team Axis

Ok, you guys must be confused. The core OJ prop has much much better pulling power than the 1235. I know, because we tested tons of props on my friend's a20 and a22. The standard non-high altitude prop blows. The 1235 is much better - it's what I run with my A22 (LS3). If I did not have the ls3, I'd be running the core prop, because I use a ton a weight.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:05 am 
Team Axis

Chattwake wrote:
Ok, you guys must be confused. The core OJ prop has much much better pulling power than the 1235. I know, because we tested tons of props on my friend's a20 and a22. The standard non-high altitude prop blows. The 1235 is much better - it's what I run with my A22 (LS3). If I did not have the ls3, I'd be running the core prop, because I use a ton a weight.

My understanding is as follows:
1. Standard Prop - highest top speed, lowest pulling power
2. High altitude prop - Reduced top speed, increased pulling power
3. Core prop - Lowest top speed, best pulling power

WHich is I think what you are saying, I just don't know the nomenclature.

Having said that, if anyone has a spare standard prop, I'd be interesting in buying it if the price is right. I'm a whimp on the wakeboard, and still like to slolam, so it has shown to be a good prop for my needs (though I'm picking up some bags today, maybe I'll change my mind!).

By the way, earlier in the thread someone said Atlanta was sea level. It is between 800-900 feet, depending on what part of the city. I used to fly in and out of Charlie Brown airport on the west side all of hte time - elevation there is 841 feet. The lakes north of Atlanta are even higher. Lanier and Allatoona are nearly 1100 feet. Most don't think of it, but anyone my age may recall that Atlanta Fulton County stadium used to be known as "The Launching Pad" becuase until the Rockies came into existence, Atlanta had the highlest elevation of any team in the Majors. Odd trivia, I know, but I'm an Atlanta native. Lakes south and east of Atlanta are lower, though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:45 am 
Team Axis

Think the nomenclature may be dependent on the year your boat it...lol My dealer referred to the acme 537 as the core for 2010 snd the acme 1235 as the high altitude.