It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 12:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: looking to buy an axis
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:26 am 

Random question (sorry if I'm hijacking this thread). If you get the vandall package can you pass on the boat wrap graphics and go with one of their normal gel schemes? I'm not a big fan of the way the boat looks with the vandall package scheme. Maybe I'll like it more if I can see a couple different color options but it looks a bit busy for my taste.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:39 am 
Axis Owner

We bought with every option available, except the Raptor engine.
The Tatami Mat is great as is the Tower Mirror!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 7:37 pm 
Axis Owner

wakeboarder3780 wrote:
Random question (sorry if I'm hijacking this thread). If you get the vandall package can you pass on the boat wrap graphics and go with one of their normal gel schemes? I'm not a big fan of the way the boat looks with the vandall package scheme. Maybe I'll like it more if I can see a couple different color options but it looks a bit busy for my taste.

you can order it with the graphics left off if you want. they will send them with the boat and you can put them on later if you want.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:34 pm 
Team Axis

DarthWader wrote:
We bought with every option available, except the Raptor engine.
The Tatami Mat is great as is the Tower Mirror!

What did you end up paying for all the options individually and not in a package deal like the vandall. I thought 15k sounded a little high for the package but maybe there was a little dealer markup in there too....

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 2:22 pm 

My wife and I have been looking around for a boat. We went the the Houston Boat show and finally saw the A22 there. A beautiful boat I must way. We have been tossing around a couple models to look at, Mastercraft X-2 or X15, the Supra Launch and the Axis. Now that there is a A20 comming out, will there be a significant drop in price? I think this would be a great line for Axis and wanted to know when they will be send a few to the dealers here in Texas?

Also will the standard ballast be enough, or is the addidtional plug and play a bit overkill? I'm not the best at wakeboarding, but would like to start off with somethig and build off of it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:37 pm 
Site Admin

I know the Austin dealer has ordered the A20. I am not sure how many he has on order but I know one for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:44 pm 
Team Axis

NeonOn19s wrote:
My wife and I have been looking around for a boat. We went the the Houston Boat show and finally saw the A22 there. A beautiful boat I must way. We have been tossing around a couple models to look at, Mastercraft X-2 or X15, the Supra Launch and the Axis. Now that there is a A20 comming out, will there be a significant drop in price? I think this would be a great line for Axis and wanted to know when they will be send a few to the dealers here in Texas?

Also will the standard ballast be enough, or is the addidtional plug and play a bit overkill? I'm not the best at wakeboarding, but would like to start off with somethig and build off of it.

Once I heard about the A20 I thought maybe there would finally be a great wake boat available in the high thirties. It seems like the popularity of the A22 and demand for it has driven the price of the A22 higher and the A20 is now priced at the old A22 price point. I would bet if you order one of these during the off season you would get a pretty good deal.

The additional plug and play is a nice to have and makes the wake very big. I would say a must have is the wedge. It takes the wake on the A22 from good to great, adding a nice lip at the top of it.

Something I think most owners have experienced with Axis is the service from the MFR. I have had a couple minor issues that needed to be resolved. Adam from Axis actually followed up with me to ensure my issue was taken care by my dealer. Something I am not sure you would see from MC.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:57 pm 
Axis Owner

Quote:
Something I think most owners have experienced with Axis is the service from the MFR.

I agree with this 100%. I am constantly amazed that if I have a question or a suggestion that is outside of my dealership's scope (they are awesome too), I can contact the factory directly and Matt (or someone else in some cases) will be in touch with me within a day or so. Their customer service is top notch, and it really has made me a satisfied customer.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:41 pm 

Thanks all for the info. I'm not sure if we will getting a boat this year, maybe in the offseason on 2011. THis year is pretty crazy. I think that i'm sold on Axis, i like the info from here and on their site. Maybe they will have an Axis rep at the Houston boat show. I would love to pick their brains a bit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:22 pm 
Axis Owner

I am looking at a couple if base model A22's and I'm trying to figure out if there are any options that can't be added later after the boat is built. any input would be appreciated.