It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 8:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: iTunes and Pandora question
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:04 pm 
Team Axis

Just got an Axis A22 and have a question about iTuens and Pandora with the iPhone4.
Here is the scenario....Just got the boat and when I hooked up the phone with the USB everything worked fine with iTunes and also Pandora. I did however notice that everytime the boat was turned off and back on that the radio went to the last song being played on iTunes and not Pandora which is what we were on when the boat was turned off.
Over the weekend I updated my computer and iphone and lost all iTunes songs. When we went to the lake today and I hooked up the phone and the radio said 'no music'. I tried to go to Pandora with no results. Could not get it to work at all.
When I came back home I downloaded a song to iTunes and went back out to try again. This time it worked with iTunes and also with Pandora.
I have realized that when I hook up the iPhone that it looks for songs on iTunes first and if there are none there then you are pretty much dead in the water as it comes to music. If you have at least one song in your iTunes library then it will recognize it and give you the choice of iTunes music or Pandora music.
Is this something to do with the settings on the iPhone or something to do with the radio (Sony) in the Axis...?
Think I have it figured out.....Just have to have songs in the iTunes library for it to work..... Just wanted to know why this happens?
Thanks
New Axis A22 owner

2012 Axis A22

Last edited by Bama Axis on Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 3:30 am 

I believe you must have the pandora playing, or at least paused in the background before plugging the phone into the boat USB

Post subject: Re: iTunes and Pandora question
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:31 am 
Team Axis

E10LFD wrote:
I believe you must have the pandora playing, or at least paused in the background before plugging the phone into the boat USB

No... Checked for that also and it was not playing or paused in the background.

2012 Axis A22

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:06 pm 

No sorry. Shari am saying is you should try to have it playing the pandora before plugging it in. If that isn't it, then I'm not sure.

Post subject: Re: iTunes and Pandora question
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:13 pm 
Team Axis

E10LFD wrote:
No sorry. Shari am saying is you should try to have it playing the pandora before plugging it in. If that isn't it, then I'm not sure.

Actually tried that also with no luck. For the short term I have put a couple of songs on iTunes. Now when I plug it in it will work with Pandora. Took the songs off of iTunes and it would not work with Pandora or anything. Guess I should sit down and make me a playlist for iTunes.

2012 Axis A22