It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: A22 vs RZ2?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:59 am 

Ok, I all but had my mind made up on the A22 and then I met a guy last weekend with a RZ2. I loved the look. Any pros and cons comparing the two. The tige tower looks cool, but it looked like the speakers hang real low. Also, no chillax seats. Two big downs on the tige, but I like the taps system, and the tige touch. Thoughts?

Post subject: Re: A22 vs RZ2?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:04 am 
Team Axis

Other than $30k, Im sure the Tige will be more plush with more bling as you already know. Dont quote me on this but it was either the RZ2 or RZ3 that I heard dip the bow easy. Like I said I have no first hand experience with Tige so I cant say 100% for sure.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:36 am 

I would be looking at a used tige for sure, compared to a new axis.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:47 am 
Team Axis

I love the looks of the RZ2. It is a great looking boat!

The new boat will have a warranty... All boats have issues, so its likely you will have to take it in to the dealer at least once.

The advantage that Axis/malibu has over most boats is how easy it is to scale the wake board wake. You can easily have a very CLEAN wake at 17 mph and then a huge CLEAN wake at 22 mph. This works well for many different scenarios. but for me, my wife is very happy skating and doing surface tricks at 17. Ten minutes later I can have a big wakeboard wake for me or my buddies. This is not possible with some other brands.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:34 am 
Team Axis

Not sure on price difference, but it is significant. The Tige's fit and finish on the INSIDE should be top notch (not from experience but from reputation). That is the one downfall of the Axis, the interior is cheaper in materials. Other than that, I know very little about the new tige's. I had an 98 22v and loved it, but I love my Axis a lot more. The TAPS is nice cuz you can adjust the wake and use it to help you not porpoise. The Axis does not porpoise at any speed or weight (if it does, you have weighted your boat incorrectly).

I hear the Tige wake is similar to malibu/axis wakes as far as them being rampy and not steep. Only problem is I NEVER see new tires on the lake and NEVER see wakeboarding pictures, EVER. I see a lot of tige surf waves on wakeworld. Tige has slowly slid into the "surf boat" category with centurion. I am sure the wakeboarding wake is good, but they are known as hard core surf boats.

demo both. bring 1000-1500 lbs of sacks along with a couple friends. try it for yourself. If you are buying new, the dealers will gladly set up a demo for you. It is the best part of boat shopping.

as for a used tige vs a new axis. I say new axis for sure. Like Ed said, you get a brand new boat with warranty, you get to choose your colors and options, and if you are getting a loan, you will most likely get a better interest rate.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:16 pm 
Team Axis

The Axis bow dips very easy if fully loaded with PnP bow sac and center tank full IF you are floating or at idle. Doesn't take but 3 good rollers in a row AND if your bow is pointed towards them, you will take water over the bow. RZ2 bow does not sit as low as the Axis as I recall. The inside of the Tige is much more plush and more storage, especially behind the observers seat. The RZ2 is a great surf boat and a good wakeboard boat but Axis wins in the wakeboard wake. Depending on year of the RZ2, I think Tige makes tower extensions to raise the tower height...I know they do for the Tige Z3 but that boat came out this year.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:09 am 
Boater

the tiges look nice, but what do u want? ive rode behind an RZR Z3 and RZ4. the wakeboarding wakes dont come close if u ask me. had to ride at faster speeds for a clean wake, and size didnt stack up. also i thought those boats had some annoying vibration/ rattling

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:36 pm 

My mind is made up! Axis A22 it is! Now, to figure out a color scheme........Thanks for all of your input!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:59 am 
Team Axis

Never had a problem with bow dipping. Only once with full pnp filled and about 5 people up front.
Tige makes an awesome, plush ride- but the Axis suits me better. Easier to control wake for any level (without sacs laying everywhere). Better financial decision too.
I wouldn't rule a Tige out when I'm older and switch to surfing more.