It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How are you riding?
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 12:15 pm 

Looking to step up my game, now that I have this awesome boat...I am approx. 155lbs and I am riding at 70' with the wedge down on a A22. The wake is awesome, but I am without a comparison. I am riding an older Liquid Force board. Looing to start a heel side back roll. Not jumping to the other wake yet, but am getting about 2 sec. of hang-time. Any advice would be awesome.

Post subject: Re: How are you riding?
PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:16 pm 
Team Axis

No advice, but some comparison...I ride 22mph 65' wedge and about 2" of water on the swim platform at idle. I can w2w heel side and toe side. I can w2w heel side only at 70'. I find the wake is better at 70', but I cant overcome the added wake width TS yet. Keep at it - lots of summer to go!

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 1:23 pm 
Team Axis

I'm riding at 24 mph with a 75 ft line. I have about 2500 lbs of weight plus people and wedge down.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:16 pm 
Team Axis

I'm 200lbs, ride 75' @ 26MPH. Here's how I have the boat weighted:

All hard tanks full
front 750lb PnP bag full (make sure there's not any air in there, it kills the boats planing ability)
rear 750lb PnP bags about 2/3 full
Wedge down

You're gonna want to take your HS wake jump W2W before you start doing backrolls....casing the wake on a backroll is no fun, it can lead to some pretty gnarly crashes. It was the first invert I learned too, it's a fun one and once you get it down you can take it BIG.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 2:49 pm 
Team Axis

I got my 10 yr. old setup at 65' @ 22mph. Center full and I'm only guessing but approx. just the stock rear tanks full.

He's got his HS W2W, Indy, tail, roast beef, and stalefish. He has a one wake half cab and came just so close to his TS W2W yesterday. Cased it was all but I didn't count it... Maybe I'm being to hard on that, I don't know but older divisions wouldn't count a cased wake as a completed trick...

He was beating himself up last night and said he's nailing it at practice tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 3:59 pm 

Wow, some of those speeds are crazy fast...I guess I should have mentioned that I am also riding at 16-17mph, guess I need to step it up to faster speed.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 4:22 pm 
Team Axis

My 2cents all of that stuff speed,rope length, ballast amount just depends on what your trying to accomplish at the time. At your speed and rope length the w2w is probably crazy wide. You can keep the speed but I would shorten the rope to 60ft or 65ft. if you have a video of your back roll I can try to help you. I would also recommend you check out http://www.learnwake.com. Great site helped me a bunch.

When I'm learning something new I'm wedge only 19-20mph when I'm showing off stock ballast + wedge 70ft 22mph