It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Pole falls while towing with cover on
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 10:11 am 
Team Axis

Any one else have this problem? I have towed a few times and it stay up but lately it falls everytime. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Pole falls while towing with cover on
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 12:56 pm 
Team Axis

No problem so far, but I have only towed 15 hours or so with the cover on. Do you have the pole extended to the 3rd (top) hole? also, this is a stupid question, but do you make sure the pole is completely straight (vertical) ?

Last time it rained I had a small area in the rear of the cover that pooled water, so I drilled a 4th hole in the pole so now it extends an inch higher.

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2012 2:29 pm 
Team Axis

Mine only had one hole but a put another one below and another one above. Yes I make sure it's straight. Also the cover creeps up the side at the tower and gets above the rub rail

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:00 pm 
Team Axis

Never had a problem, and don't know what length mines set at. I think I remember Chattwake saying on his new ride Axis is moving the pole back a bit to alleviate the pooling area.

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 5:06 am 
Team Axis

Mine didn't come with a pole?

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2012 6:20 am 

In Australia they dont have poles. Mine came with a black bundgie cord sewn into the cover just under the waketower and it stretches up around the pylon on the waketower and lifts the cover up. The water just runs off the sides its great.My friend has a 2011 wakesetter usa import and everytime it rains he is outside with a cup bailing water.haha

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:54 am 
Team Axis

firefighter_854 wrote:
Mine only had one hole but a put another one below and another one above. Yes I make sure it's straight. Also the cover creeps up the side at the tower and gets above the rub rail

I know what you are talking about now with the sides of cover over the rub rail. A buddy loosened the rear straps and mine did this too. Try this: make sure that the straps on the rear are low/tight enough. The end/top of the strap that is sewn to the cover should line up with the top of the rub rail. If the strap is above the rub rail, you will need to pull the cover down lower. I adjusted my straps in the rear so that they barely snap together when it is in the correct position. I never adjust these straps so that I get it in the right spot every time. hope this solves your problem.

And also, using plastic wrap all around the rub rail before putting on the cover when towing worked great for keeping the gel from getting black residue on it.