It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Grr back seat vinyl separating
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 1:37 pm 
Team Axis

While clean my boat yesterday getting ready for the first big weekend I noticed that the vinyl is separating along the piping on the back seat. Needless to say I was not happy. Al most looks like it was stretched to tight. Have a calk in with the dealer to see if its covered with the remaining warranty. Not going to be happy to have to pay too recover the seats on boat with only 36 hours on it.

Post subject: Re: Grr back seat vinyl separating
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 2:00 pm 
Team Axis

The sliding bench? Mine too. I think it was caused in my case by hyperlite system boots. I flip a corner cushion over now for a step back into the boat.

No dealer any where near me, so Axis sent me a new seat skin under warranty. I installed it myself. Well not quite myself; with a couple extra sets of hands and a electric staple gun, it was easy.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:04 pm 
Team Axis

I have only had one gripe with this boat from the start. CHEAP INTERIOR.....If Adam M. or anyone is listening please upgrade interior vinyl. I have replaced all three of the back seats. Both corners and the stadium seat. I just got off the phone with CTWS about one of my corner seats doing it again. Have to say CTWS has been great to work with.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 3:36 pm 
Boater

I just had to stitch my back seat up.. It seperated from the piping as well and my boat only has 55 hrs. on it. I just noticed one of my side seats about to do the same thing. Luckily, I have a car business and my upholstry guy hooked me up. Is this covered under warranty?

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:14 pm 
Team Axis

I havent heard back from my dealer yet. I would be happy with just the skin and do it my self. I talked to to local vinyl shop and he said between $300 and $500 with out looking at it.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 5:16 pm 
Team Axis

morrisdl wrote:
The sliding bench? Mine too. I think it was caused in my case by hyperlite system boots. I flip a corner cushion over now for a step back into the boat.

No dealer any where near me, so Axis sent me a new seat skin under warranty. I installed it myself. Well not quite myself; with a couple extra sets of hands and a electric staple gun, it was easy.

I have Cbw Maruis bindings so that wasnt the prob. really looks like it was streched to tight.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 7:24 pm 
Team Axis

My dealer replaced the skin on my port side rear hatch under the warranty when I had it winterized. ( but come to think of it I paid so much for the winterizing service that I probably covered the cost of the skins-JK...haha

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 10:44 pm 
Team Axis

DatTexasBoy wrote:
I have only had one gripe with this boat from the start. CHEAP INTERIOR.....If Adam M. or anyone is listening please upgrade interior vinyl. I have replaced all three of the back seats. Both corners and the stadium seat. I just got off the phone with CTWS about one of my corner seats doing it again. Have to say CTWS has been great to work with.

Same dealer I got my boat from. Great dealership and for such a small crew they operate the entire dealership with they have there they seem to service boats pretty damn fast. It's also the dealership with Boardstop.com inside it. I'm lucky they are less than an hour from me.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 11:53 am 
Team Axis

Sounds like my dealer us going too take care of it! Have to send them pics and then they will order new skin.